Monstar's 2018 Armada build

Monstar

Figured I would post up what I have done, and some pictures of such incase it can help anyone else out. My vehicles always go through "stages" as I can never leave anything alone for very long...IE I run one item until I get bored or something else perks my interest, lift will change, exhaust at some point will change, tires, wheels, exterior...you get the point. Its primary use is as my daily, kid hauler, bicycle hauler, and come good weather again(Michigan) tow my baja bug back and forth to the dunes. Future mods will be Kings or OME Bp51 all around, Harrop supercharger, rear locker, front and rear bumpers (Dash or similar as they become more available here), and needed gear for long camping trips with my family.
Here are some shots from stock to current.
IMG_20210510_195026_269.jpg
The day I traded my '11 Platinum Armada for the new one.
IMG_20210528_093743_857.jpg
No lift with the new 305 Methods and 295/70/18 Falken AT3Ws
IMG_20210913_145113_572.jpg
After 2 inch front and back spacer lift. This will do until I pull the trigger on the complete suspension upgrade I have planned later. Simple top spacer on front with aftermarket tubular control arms for camber/caster and more droop to not have the dreaded coil bucket contact. Rear is a 40mm spacer from Russia, on top of stock springs with the air ride arm slightly adjusted(it took a few rides and tries to get the rear to not be too stiff but now is great, loaded and unloaded). I have pictures of the install but they will have to be resized to post I guess...
20211003_191001.jpg
Tent camping in Marquette for my wife's downhill race. The SJK roadhouse hatch awning is great, very happy I snagged it right before the trip.
20211003_181604.jpg
I will resize the install photos, and post them as well. Lift, full AFE exhaust, AFE intake, and the other items if anyone is interested. Thanks everyone!armada1.jpg
This is after the Chrome delete (minus window trim), OCAM industries patrol front bug shield, and OCAM window/rain guards.

e61outside

Love it so far. Can’t wait to see the build progress!

Was the chrome delete a vinyl wrap? Or paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monstar

Love it so far. Can’t wait to see the build progress!

Was the chrome delete a vinyl wrap? Or paint?

Thanks! Lots more to come, just slow and steady....And I actually used a Rustolum dip spray, I did not want to invest into a wrap right away. This allowed me to see if I actually liked the matte and gloss mix. This spring I am having the rear hatch repainted for some minor damage and am planning on having the shop take off all the pieces and paint match them...The matte is ok, but having it all OE black will give it a cleaner look. Now...If I could just get that darn 3/4 Dash roof rack and some bumpers I would be happy!

e61outside

Thanks! Lots more to come, just slow and steady....And I actually used a Rustolum dip spray, I did not want to invest into a wrap right away. This allowed me to see if I actually liked the matte and gloss mix. This spring I am having the rear hatch repainted for some minor damage and am planning on having the shop take off all the pieces and paint match them...The matte is ok, but having it all OE black will give it a cleaner look. Now...If I could just get that darn 3/4 Dash roof rack and some bumpers I would be happy!

Awesome, I’ve been contemplating a full wrap or just chrome delete. But maybe I’ll try the gloss or mat dip first. Not sure how well it will hold up with all the tree branches on the narrow Ouachita and Ozark trails I frequent.

BTW, Frontrunner slimline racks are in stock if you give up on the dash rack. It covers some of the sunroof, but doesn’t interfere with opening it.

GBGCR4x4

Love it. I have a 2005 Armada. Also a project. Been bulding it for over 2 years now. Suspension kit, rack, lights, etc. Hope you can turn yours into a very nice vehicle.

Monstar

1300+ Miles into our 2 week Xmas vacation. Not much off road action, just lots of visiting including the 3 family farm's. I will say if you have kids, get a cabin roof net....Stuffed animals, coats, hats and what not up and out of the way! I've been trying to get a good video for exhaust sound, AFE full kit, so hopefully I'll be addding that here before we head home.
20211220_073858.jpg

Dmski

Adventurer
Thing looks beastly. Love these rigs. How was fuel mileage on your trip? And have you towed with it yet? I'm sure it's a great tow vehicle but curious on gas mileage while towing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal