My 2013 Hawk shell inside build.

bill harr

Adventurer
I have been more of a reader on Expedition Portal than a poster. Thought I should share my inside build of my 2013 Hawk shell. You can read full build on my Blog Bill and Veronica's trip blog.

This is what I started with

post-1903-0-51507100-1384309173_thumb.jpg

post-1903-0-20033100-1384309174_thumb.jpg

This is what I ended up with. Set up for two people me and the wife.

dinette+table.jpg

P1110948.jpg

Lots of work but nice to say I did it. Only part of a finger was lost during the build.

Bill

bill harr

Adventurer
You've got a ton of more storage than I have in my camper, nice job!

Storage was one of the goals of the build. More to come, I plan on moving the small FWC upper cabinet forward so it touches the bed extension. I will then build a cabinet in the rear corner for more storage. My old 2002 Hawk had the short cabover and the bed pull out reached the upper cabinet. I like to have my CC Radio on it at night. Will post pictures when done.

bphang10

Observer
cabinets look really good! what kind of latches did you use for the doors/drawers and where did you get them?

bill harr

Adventurer
cabinets look really good! what kind of latches did you use for the doors/drawers and where did you get them?

The latches are from FWC same as they use in the new campers. I like how they look and work, you have lift the ring to open. They call it a slam latch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1