My `89 Suburban

Northman

Adventurer
No , i dont have any Problems with the Mud in the Radiator . This one helps :

5283568.jpg

Northman

Adventurer
Dont ask me about the Law's . It's horrible ! But not impossible ... with Limitations . For the TÜV (every 2 Years) i have to cover the Wheels , bolt on the Mudflaps and then i send my Wife with a short Skirt to the TÜV . :elkgrin:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
There are so many nice Burbs here , now i'll show mine . It's a `89 GMC with 10Bolt Front Axle and 14Bolt Rear Axle . Back in the Days he was a silver Beauty without any Lift , but with 33" Wheels .

4373084.jpg

I was very happy with that Car , but after 2 Months a Woman ignore my priority in Traffic and chrashed into the Front of my Burb .

4373310.jpg

4373311.jpg

Okay , that's the Beginning of this Story . First we have disassembled the whole Truck , cleaning up the Frame , the Axles and the Body .

4373265.jpg

4373266.jpg

4373267.jpg

We pull some Dents out , do some welding ...

4373277.jpg

4373278.jpg

... and install the Superlift 6" Suspension . :sombrero:
You sure have come a long way with that Surburban!
Excellent work!:victory:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: If you are ever in Denmark, near the city of Copenhagen, let me know. I would like to say hello and see that awesome beast of yours! Cheers, Allan.:smiley_drive:

coreys88burban

Adventurer
ive seen this burb all over (cardomain and such) and love it, insperation for mine! the barn doors were a great idea props for that. if ya dont mind id like 2 copy that idea little. :)

partsflyin

Adventurer
Northman, just wanted to thank you for the inspiration to start on my door panels! I hope you don't mind but I "borrowed" your table idea.
Awesome burb by the way!!
Here's my rendition of your table.
slimpics-203.jpg

delm

Wow - color me impressed. Absolutely love the Suburban in this thread. Outstanding job.

I've been chewing on picking up a Suburban for some time now. I just passed on a '91 1500 4x4 on Craigslist for $1grand. I probably should have jumped on it.

This thread is definitely pushing me in that direction. And I like these older "classics" much better than the body style that started after '91.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1