My Ridgeline - Expo/hauler build

blackmonte

Observer
Nice Ridge Black Monty, Those gunmetal wheels look nice!

Its a great truck for the deserts of southern California, however you can tell that street civitility won out in the suspension department. The truck is screaming for a set of shocks that can actually absorb the weight of the truck when it comes over a wash or whoop.

I do know that its a pushbar, not a true bull bar. I have considered going the route of the Baja ridgeline or some sort of skeleton bull bar for the front. I think i might go the full custom bumper route. I have some great ideas, and have started doing some measuring and planning. Now if only my money tree was in season :p

Ridgeline baja bar for those who havent seen it: It has a large thick aluminum plate that spans the engine and trans in the front.
129_0605_15_zhonda_ridgeline_trophy.jpg

What i have in mind:
Bumper2.jpg

Hey thanks, let me know where you get your Bull Bar from that looks beefy! Wish ARB made one for our trucks. Did you mount a cb in yours yet? Any pics

Bobfab

Observer
Hey thanks, let me know where you get your Bull Bar from that looks beefy! Wish ARB made one for our trucks. Did you mount a cb in yours yet? Any pics

Yeah man, i wish ARB got on it but oh well. There are some of the worlds best offroad/4x4 fabricators here in Southern CA, it shouldn't cost too much more to have an awesome one built to my specs!

No CB.... yet. I have never used one before. I tried to do some internet research about em, but got kind intimidated. Any suggestions? Most of my buddies that i travel with are in cute utes and we just yell from car to car, it seems only the "real" 4x4 dudes use the CBs. I have thought about getting one but am just kind of in the dark about em.

A funny chop that i did today, my crew always jokes about the silver bullet:
CoorsRidge.jpg

ratkin

Adventurer
ExPo Communications: CB

No CB.... yet. I have never used one before. I tried to do some internet research about em, but got kind intimidated. Any suggestions? Most of my buddies that i travel with are in cute utes and we just yell from car to car, it seems only the "real" 4x4 dudes use the CBs. I have thought about getting one but am just kind of in the dark about em.

Love what you've done with the truck! Here's a great thread on CBs under the Communications: HAM, CB, 2M, SAT section.

I went with the Cobra 29 LX LE 50th Anniversary Edition, primarily to get the new 10 Weather Channel Scan feature that only this radio has, along with the Emergency Weather Alert even when the radio is turned off.

CobraCb Radio29LXLE_BlueLarge.jpg

My wife and I and several of our friends got caught up in a flash flood car camping back in the early 90's back in the Ozarks and I wanted to do everything I can to keep that from happening again.

I also got a Wilson 1000 Roof Mount Antenna from the same guys at G.I. Joe's Radio Electronics, as they had the best pricing I could find and would go ahead and add a modulation kit to the radio & tune it up before shipping. Super fast shipping!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4dXrVZ2ZQE"]YouTube - Wilson 1000 CB Antenna - Roof Mount[/ame]

There's also a magnet mount version if you don't want to drill a hole in that roof!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0wu96gREU&feature=related"]YouTube - Wilson 1000 CB Antenna - Worth Buying?[/ame]

Hope this helps!
- Richard

Last edited:

JasonJLamb

Observer
Any updates, Bobfab? How's the lift been working? Any problems? Any other mods? Inquiring minds want to know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online