Nate's 2000 7.3 Superduty

I am once again posting with a new to me Expo/work vehicle. I seem to keep trucks for 1-1.5 years lately and was hoping I would have my 97 Dana 60 Swapped F250 7.3 ECLB forever. I did a ton of work to that truck and put about 20,000 miles on it in the year and a half I owned it. I am regretting that decision now, but this Superduty drives so well after the repairs I've done that I'm not super upset about it. It had 334,000 miles on it when sold and the new owner will be traveling/living out of a camper in the bed. I'm glad it will go to good Expo uses and that all the work I've done helped get it there. I have many pictures of my OBS and the places it took me that I'll have to get up here at some point but I'll put up a few teasers for now.

My main uses for the previous truck and my new one are/were:

1) Hauling Enduro bikes/Atv's to various trails and riding areas all over the midwest (hoping to expand that radius...)

2) General Transport Duties (hauling cars, motorcycles, campers & other large trailers for work when necessary)

3) Extending Camping Trips in National Forests (Mainly NWI & the UP)

3) Plowing Snow & hauling my plow quad

4) Daily Driver (while not on the DR350)

5) Mobile Repair Shop (have the ability to provide large number of services to stranded/broken down motorists)

I picked up this 2000 Superduty 7.3 Auto Manual 4x4 on February 8th, 2015 with 293,750 miles and have since performed the following repairs/Upgrades:

New Front Axle U-Joints & Ball Joints
Oil Changed + new Air Filter - Trying Arch Oil this week see what kinds of differences it makes.
New Mastercraft Courser MXT 285-75R16 Load E's - I sell a ton of MC's and haven't had any complaint so gave these a try and love them
New Rear Pads & Rotors
New Alternator & Belt
Wet Sand & Buffed Headlamps
Removed Running Boards
Blower Motor, Resistor & Connector
Tinted Windows 35% Front - Stock Rear & 5% Back Glass
New Rear Springs (3300 LBS from General Spring - Great product & Supplier)
Rebuilt rear driveshaft
I Know I am Forgetting a few things here

On order to be done this week:

Re-Flash & Install TS6 Chip from old truck
Napa 6637 Air Filter - Truck already has MBRP 4inch
New Shocks
CB Antennas & Install CB/Power inverter from the OBS
Vent Visors
Arch Oil & Re-Flush Injection Pump Oil
Front & Rear Diff Fluids
Xfer Case Fluid

Stuff to-do as funds/time Allow:

Install Ultramount Mount & Harness (already bought - still need adapter to unmount)
Build Front Motorcycle Rack for Said plow Mount
X-Code Front Springs & Rebuild Front Drivehsaft
Warn Locking Hubs - these stockers suck
Re-Finish Wheels
Fix RUST & Undercoat/paint frame
Headache Rack W/ Auxillary lighting for bed & sides ( also removable ambers for plowing)
Front Aux Lights
AUX reverse lights for plowing
Upgrade Turbo & Re-seal entire fuel system (no leaks but 7.3's are picky about this stuff)
Upgrade radio (nothing too fancy)
Replace Carpet W/ rubber floors & add sound deadening
Better Cupholders - Maybe 08' Console?
Love to swap in a ZF6 but that must wait until the tranny goes
Front 60 swap - if I ever break the Dana 50
Matching Spare
... List goes on

Since the purchase I now have 297,450 miles and climbing quickly. I manage an automotive repair shop and used to be the mechanic so I spend my free time after work doing repairs/upgrades - I make it a point to get the bike in the bed and hit the road on the weekends. My vehicles are always a work in progress and I enjoy using them more then working on them. This year my goal is to get out of the city - camp, ride and explore more and so far we've done a pretty good job and its only April! Last weekend went to southern Wisconsin and put about 200 miles on the DR taking in the beautiful southern Wi scenery.
This week's job is to get the truck ready for a trip to Alabama to pick up some stand-up skis for my boss. Not really an Expo type trip as its technically a job but I've never been south of Carbondale so it will be a new experience and I'm looking forward to it! Want to get the shocks on & tuner done before the trip - hoping for a 2 mpg increase like I saw with the OBS.

Now for some PICS
Day 1
IMG_2120.jpg
DANA 60!
IMG_3143.jpg
Baddass Pic
IMG_3198.jpg
UP
IMG_3528.jpg
Lake Superior
IMG_3472.jpg
The Old 83 DR250
IMG_3462.jpg
Plow Time!
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

Last edited:
And here are some pics of the new one & the new-to-me 1998 Suzuki DR350se with only 3200 Original miles.

Day 1

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Double Trouble
photo 5.jpg

Testing out the 4X4 & MXT's
photo 1.jpg

Some pics of the crazy sky on the way home from picking up the DR in Ohio
photo 3.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

I am in Chicago, IL. It's a late 99 build but model year 2000 truck. What year is yours?

Did the new shocks and rotated the tires today, also installed the power inverter & CB. Still need to do the antenna. I should have the new air filter this Thursday so I'll install that and re-flush the injection pump oil before my trip to Alabama.

I went with Monroe Heavy Duty Gas Shocks, and I gotta hand it to Rock auto - they shipped the shocks out Monday morning and I had them at 10:30 on Tuesday. Now that I've done the rear springs the truck has more rake than I'd like - it sits a lot higher in the back so as funds allow I will get a set of X codes installed. That should keep the front end up nice & high with the plow as well.

-Nate

nice to have the rack available today...

photo 1.jpg

and a little glimpse of our other ongoing projects

photo 2.jpg

402xjeeper

Observer
I am in Naperville, mine is an 04 ccsb, 4.5" lift,35" trail gra]plers, high lift jack ect. 03 klx400 r (drz400 e in green). Arb freeze fridge ARE topper, Thule rails for canoe and gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1