Need Expo Roof Rack for Lexus GX470.

TexGX

Explorer
I need help from someone. I am looking for a rack to replace the factory one on the GX now. I would prefer something light and full lenght. I have hit dead ends with Baja Rack, as they can not find a GX to make a pattern from. Any one in CA with a GX willing to loan thier truck to Baja Rack for measurements? Gobi will not answer or reply to any calls. Any Suggestions.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Thanks for the reply Lexwoody. They do not make the one for the rooftop tent in anything but steel and I would prefer to not have that much wieght. It may be the only option. At the price it might be worth me going to someone locally to build one.

I will say I like what you are doing with your GX. Have you had any issues with the lift? I am watching what you are doing to get ideas for mine.

TexGX

lexwoody

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply Lexwoody. They do not make the one for the rooftop tent in anything but steel and I would prefer to not have that much wieght. It may be the only option. At the price it might be worth me going to someone locally to build one.

I will say I like what you are doing with your GX. Have you had any issues with the lift? I am watching what you are doing to get ideas for mine.

TexGX

Weight up top isn't a big deal for the GX. We may look tall, but not top heavy with or without a rack. I had added 150lbs + with gear and did side slopes with no problem. KDSS helps a lot with roll too.

Off topic.
No problems so far wih the lift. I flex it out over and over again and still showing off. :victory:

T4Rfun

Check with Paul at Equipt Expedition Outfitters. He is piecing together a Front Runner rack for my 4Runner using components from other vehicles. I think the GX is also a possibility for a custom fit. We will be doing the test fit In two weeks. The Front Runner rack is a great product and there are several accessories available for it, so you can configure it as needed. I'll be running a 1400 RTT and some misc gear...room permitting.

TexGX

Explorer
T4Rfun,

Thanks for the info. I prefer round bars over the square tubing on the frontrunner, but it maybe the best offer.

TexGX

MillerPKA

Observer
Sorry Gobi isn't getting back with you they are extremely busy at the moment. If you have only tried contacting them via phone trying shooting them an email at info@gobiracks.com. It may take a day or 2 but Sandra or someone should get back to you.

TexGX

Explorer
MillerPKA,

I have emailed and called Gobi several times with no responce. I am was really interested to see if the stealth model for the 4Runner would work on my GX. I will try again and we will see.

TexGX

MillerPKA

Observer
MillerPKA,

I have emailed and called Gobi several times with no responce. I am was really interested to see if the stealth model for the 4Runner would work on my GX. I will try again and we will see.

TexGX

If this is still going on next week with no luck email me and i'll help you out.

TexGX

Explorer
Christo,

Thank for the heads up. It could be an option. I will call if I decided to try it out.

MillerPKA,

I sent the email today. If I don't hear something by next week I will let you know.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
MillerPKA,

It has been over a week now with no responce. I appreciate the offer to help, but I should not have to try this hard to buy a product from a company. They have missed out on this client.

It seems the only option so far is the AO from Slee. I would prefer to have the round bars, but I may not have another choice.

I know ARB makes one that should work with a fit kit for the Prado. I may try that out. Who is the best person to check prices for ARB roof racks?

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Ok,

After much looking and getting no responses from a lot of companies out there. I decided to go with the Slee African Outback rack for the 4Runner. I could not beat the price and service. It is great to call a company and have them pick up the phone and know the answers to your questions. I should get it some time next week. I will post the intall and finished product.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Got the rack installed this evening. I had to drill two different set of holes in the rack rail, but that was about it. I am still trying to get it centered up, but ran out of time. I will post some picks when I have time. So far, it looks to be a great rack.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Here are the pic's. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• Rack01.JPG
    Rack01.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Rack02.JPG
    Rack02.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 175

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1