Need Expo Roof Rack for Lexus GX470.

MillerPKA

Observer
Looks good man sorry I just saw the previous post. They've been evasive that's for sure, the gears are turning over there but communication has been one way lately. Glad to see you got yourself an alternative and its a nice one! I dig the low profile but I would want at least a little siding for my own taste. How much did you get it for all said and done?

TexGX

Explorer
MillerPKA,

I have the full rail as well, but my garage right now will not allow me in with it on. I like the low profile and the unique tiedown rings make sucuring anything a breeze. I have thought of several possible things to use the tiedowns for. $850 is the price for rack and rail. It seems to be very good product. I think Slee may have one or two more. Great deal and great customer service.

TexGX

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
Looks good Tex! Does anyone have any pictures of how items are actually secured to these "non-basket" types of racks?

TexGX

Explorer
CYi5,

the rack is attached to a rail that is mounted to the truck using the current rack mounting holes. The legs of that mount to the rail. Here is a pic of the rail.

TexGX

Attachments

• rail reduce.JPG
    rail reduce.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 103

CYi5

Explorer
Ah, i meant more of the gear you're putting up there. You just use straps for everything? Or a net of sorts?

TexGX

Explorer
CYi5<

Sorry that went right over my head. If you look at the picture close you will see an outer groove and smaller grooves on the interior rails. Eylets can be slid into any place you need it. Then you strap to those.

TexGX

teotwaki

Excelsior!
the eye bolts look like this... :)
ao_ring_tie_down.jpg

TexGX knows why I know....:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1