Need Help Sizing my 50L weekender in a LR4

cruiserfred

Observer
I'm looking at a LR4 on the internet ,curious if my 50L weekender will fit in the back , I currently have it in the back of my FJ it measures 28" deep ,22 5/8" tall on the slide . If any owner had a tape on hand to check to see if it's deep enough to fit behind the 2nd row seats I'd appreciate help
Thanks Fred

nuclearmonkey

Observer
The wife is out at the moment, but i can tell you that 2 mastiffs and a weimaraner all fit back there with the rear seats still up. I can't imagine there even being close to an issue

Mack73

Adventurer
I forgot to add these measurements last night. These are very conservative measurements. Can be more depending on the angles (2nd row seat back angle, side of cargo area impressions, etc)
The size of the cargo area is:
Distance from back seat to tailgate: 37"
Width of cargo area: 45"
I didn't get a height measurement for the rolling cover - if that is important, let me know

cruiserfred

Observer
If it has 28" in the clear from front to back it will fit .I measured Range Rover sport ,it was about 2" short front to back. The RR Sport is a sleek looking rover but not much room in back storage ,the Evoke is really cool looking but the second row seat and back store age are seriously tight.
Thanks guys I hate to go to the dealership til I know more facts.
Have a wonderful Holiday. Fred

Mack73

Adventurer
If it has 28" in the clear from front to back it will fit .I measured Range Rover sport ,it was about 2" short front to back. The RR Sport is a sleek looking rover but not much room in back storage ,the Evoke is really cool looking but the second row seat and back store age are seriously tight.
Thanks guys I hate to go to the dealership til I know more facts.
Have a wonderful Holiday. Fred

You've got no problem at all. Easily clear with an extra 9 inches.
The back is truly a cavern and a completely flat floor when you lower the seats. You can fit a "full" mattress and sleep in the car. I once hauled a complete wood queen size bed frame with head/foot board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design