New additions to my GEN3!

Monstero

Adventurer
That's looking great, man! I need to look at some options for a front bumper/winch mount. I know someone here has a hidden winch set up as well which is pretty slick..

My build on my hidden mount is in here somewhere...been off the forum for a while....the mount is cheaper than an arb to build..lol...have used an abused mine TONS.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4

MonteroLTD

Adventurer
The lift looks great!

I'm not a fan of the arb bumber on a gen 3. The lines just don't match. It will serve its purpose, no doubt about that.

cnutco

Adventurer
In planning for tires in size 255/85r16 on stock wheels I had a KM2 BFG mounted on the spare today to fit and make an adapter for the spare carrier.

I plan on moving 2" out and about 1" to 2" up, but what about adding an angle?

Jaynen

Adventurer
There was another thread on the spare topic. If you find a relatively cheap/easy solution for a gen 3 I think people are interested. The issue was with how the spare tire carrier actually mounts to the door didnt seem to allow for an easy spacer

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Is the spare tire carrier like a Gen II carrier that uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts? If so, I can see how it would create an issue if you needed to add a spacer to it. Of course you could fix this issue by putting a section of all-thread in each mounting location and using lug nuts instead. The issue will be finding the right sized metric all-thread.

michel77

Adventurer
My build on my hidden mount is in here somewhere...been off the forum for a while....the mount is cheaper than an arb to build..lol...have used an abused mine TONS.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4

Hey, thanks for chiming in. I'll have a look!

cnutco

Adventurer
Here are a few pics of the adapter I made.
usaduza5.jpg
a7ury2ut.jpg
4a7ezusa.jpg
vymejyvy.jpg
nu7usugu.jpg

All 3/16" steel. Started with two 8" square plates and 2" square tubing.

Also, this has a 5 degree lean in at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaynen

Adventurer
Sweet! Might consider that once my wife aggro for the lift kit and 4 tires goes down to get a 5th for the spare :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online