New CVT tent Color! Just got mine installed

JMyerz

Adventurer
I ordered a Mt Rainier w/ skylight from Simple Camping Solutions, Barney is a great guy to work with, I ordered the tan but got a call from him saying that there was some new mysterious olive green in stock so we went for it. Totally glad we did, LOVE the color!! Can't wait to get this out of my driveway and sleep under the stars.

I need to figure out a better way to mount this thing, the current metal straps and lock nuts kill me.... there's got to be a better way.

160221_CVT0005.jpg

jmoney

Really sharp. Does the doorway on the opposite side open up all the way or does it have a mesh screen?

JMyerz

Adventurer
If my memory serves correct, both sides fully open I'm almost positive. In this photo you can see the back door.

160221_CVT0012.jpg

Really sharp. Does the doorway on the opposite side open up all the way or does it have a mesh screen?

Trikebubble

Adventurer
We ordered ours from Barney as well. He was nice enough to drive up to Wenatchee to meet us, so we wouldn't have to drive all the way from our home in the Okanagan to pick it up. I'd recommend him to anyone in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMyerz

Adventurer
I'm curious too, but that's one reason why we spring for the Sky lights, it gets really bright in there when it's all opened up. Plus we live in PNW, not really known for it's extreme heat :elkgrin:
I like that color combo but wonder if it's going to be too dark or hot.

Scoutman

Explorer
I'm curious too, but that's one reason why we spring for the Sky lights, it gets really bright in there when it's all opened up. Plus we live in PNW, not really known for it's extreme heat :elkgrin:

Just one of many things I miss about that part of the country. Turns out we get ~20" more rain per year in north Alabama than Portland (as it's coming a downpour outside my office). Just one of the things I hate about this area. Ugh.

So can you take some better shots of the clear roof? How does that work with the rainfly?

JMyerz

Adventurer
Just one of many things I miss about that part of the country. Turns out we get ~20" more rain per year in north Alabama than Portland (as it's coming a downpour outside my office). Just one of the things I hate about this area. Ugh.

So can you take some better shots of the clear roof? How does that work with the rainfly?

This winter has been crazy rain here... feel like we're about to float away!

Tent won't be back on the truck for a while, when we get out on our first trip I'll be sure to take a photo or two. At first glance it seems to work great, lines up and you can see out wonderfully. The ONLY thing I can see hindering it is if condensation happens and it likely will on that vinyl window.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

You could always move to Utah or Arizona where it hardly rains at all in comparison.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
This winter has been crazy rain here... feel like we're about to float away!

Tent won't be back on the truck for a while, when we get out on our first trip I'll be sure to take a photo or two. At first glance it seems to work great, lines up and you can see out wonderfully. The ONLY thing I can see hindering it is if condensation happens and it likely will on that vinyl window.

We have family in Seattle and their kids are having some serious cabin fever because of the rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1