New truck

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I just bought a 09 chevy silverado crew cab with 275/50/20 tires. Having a hard time finding what the original wheel is. It has the Z71 package.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Agreed with the door sticker. Also one in the glove box (not sure if it's on the NBS trucks) with RPO codes. Those should tell you EVERYTHING: wheel size, paint color name and code, options, where it was built...etc.

Last edited:

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I never thought of that, been looking online for tire size and what comes with the Z71 package with no luck.

justcuz

Explorer
Not sure about the trucks, but my daughters 2004 Z71 Tahoe has 265/70x17's on it. My 1993 Z71 extended cab had 265/75x16's from the factory. The truck has been upgraded to 285/75x16 tires. My daughter is installing 285/70x17's on her Tahoe when her current tires wear out.
I run Yokohama Geolanders and Falken Rocky Mountain AT's on my 1993 and 2000 Suburbans. Both are 285/75x16 tires. With rotating tires every 9 to 10 thousand miles I get 50 to 60 thousand miles out of a set of tires.
I am sure you could easily run a 285 tire on your crew cab if it's a 4wd.
I mentioned if it is a 4wd because I think for a few years you could buy a Z71 2wd Chevy truck.
I run all these tires on stock Chevy 7 inch wide factory aluminum wheels.
Any tire store that tells you that 285 tires on stock factory wheels don't meet their guidelines for safety, ask them if they will put a 33/12.50x15 tire on a 8 inch wheel. If they say yes, tell them the tire tread width to wheel width ratio is the same.

Last edited:

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Getting the truck today, will be able to see on the door jam what is stock. Would it have been a different size tire on a Z71?

justcuz

Explorer
Yes Z71's come with one tire size bigger than other trucks. Stock tires on a 93 truck were 245/75x16, Z71's came with 265/75x16's.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
This one has 275/55/20 tires, no skid plates and looks like regular shocks. Is there a place I can check to see if it actually has the Z71 package and not a fake?

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
No Z71 code in the glove box. The code that is there is 7jw. Looking online for what that code is with no results.

ZMagic97

Explorer
No Z71 code in the glove box. The code that is there is 7jw. Looking online for what that code is with no results.

"7JW COMPONENT FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (7JW)"

Here's a master list of RPOs: http://www.longroof.info/pdf/rpo.pdf

Z71s have skid plates (they're pretty basic and kind of cheap anyway), shocks, fender flares, the sticker, and G80 rear auto locker. (G80 RPO code). That's what I remember off hand.

Also here's a place you can enter your RPOs for a list. I keep a PDF saved for reference :ylsmoke:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1