Nitro Gear Packages Land Cruiser, Tacoma, Tundra, FJ Cruiser, More! 1 part number!

nitro-gear

Supporting Sponsor - Differential & Axle Parts
We recieve lots of questions about gearing, so we've mad it easy with hyperlinks below!

These Nitro “Gear Packages” include everything necessary to re-gear the front and rear of many popular 4x4 Trucks, Jeeps and SUV's.

Is your 4X4 vehicle suffering from poor performance and reduced fuel economy resulting from oversized tires?

A Nitro gear change will help get that performance and economy back!

It is a common misconception that lower gears are only for hardcore off-roading, in actuality the average daily driven vehicle can see huge improvements in both performance and economy by properly matching their vehicle’s gear ratio to their tire size all while reducing strain on the vehicles drivetrain.

We at Nitro Gear & Axle realize how confusing and difficult it can be for the average consumer or gear installation shop to compile the list of gear parts and prices required when doing a complete front and rear gear change. To make it easier for everyone the experts at Nitro Gear & Axle are introducing an industry first - “Gear Packages”

These gear packages are specifically designed for many popular 4x4 applications such as the Dodge Ram, Chevy/GMC 2500/3500HD, Toyota Land Cruiser/FJ Cruiser/4-Runner/Tacoma/Tundra, Jeep Cherokee/Wrangler/Rubicon and Ford F250/F350 SuperDuty.

These gears are manufactured from 8620 steel forgings and are precision machined using a computer controlled process. Heat treatment, CNC triple-lapping and Rockwell testing for hardness ensures excellent fitment, ideal contact pattern and smooth, quiet operation.

Nitro Gear & Axle sells ring and pinions for more than just the Dodge, Chevy/GMC, Toyota, Jeep and Ford vehicles listed in our gear package section so please contact us if you don't see your vehicle listed in our gear packages.

Some popular Toyota Gear packages:

Includes Front and Rear:
-Ring & Pinions
-Master Install kits with bearings, shims, seals, etc (MK)
-Solid preload Spacers if available (noted as SK in description)
-Pinion flanges (if noted with YOK)

1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 & 80 Series
Front & Rear Gear Package Kit: (click below to buy)
4.56 with OE lockers
4.88 with OE lockers
5.29 with OE lockers

1998-2007 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series
Front & Rear Gear Package Kit: (click below to buy)4.30
4.30 with oe rear locker
4.88 with oe rear locker

2008-Present Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series

Toyota Landcruiser II, Bundera LJ, RJ, KZJ 70/73/78

07-09 FJ Cruiser, 03-09 4Runner Prado 120, 05+ Hilux
4.56 with OE rear locker
4.88 with OE rear locker

2010+ FJ Cruiser, 4runner, Prado 150
4.56 with OE rear locker

95.5-04 Tacoma, 00-06 Tundra & Sequoia
4.56 without Rear locker
4.88 without Rear Locker
5.29 without rear locker

05+ Tacoma Front & Rear Gear Package Kit:
4.56 with OE rear locker
4.88 with OE rear Locker

07+ Toyota Tundra
4.88 w/ 5.7L
4.88 w/ 4.6L or 4.7L

Also See attached PDF.

You can also purchase these parts from your preffered Nitro Dealer, email to find someone in your area.
CHECK OUT THE EXPEDITION OVERLAND VIDEO ON WHY YOU SHOULD RE-GEAR

Last edited:

zolo

Explorer
That is helpful.
What about us Regular cab Tacoma 05+ guys with the OEM 4:10 gears and associated larger carrier.
A 5.29 kit price? Isn't that an option for the 4:10 trucks?

nitro-gear

That is helpful.
What about us Regular cab Tacoma 05+ guys with the OEM 4:10 gears and associated larger carrier.

Let me see what we can figure out.

Hello Nitro,

You have a bad link on the Tacoma 05+ 4.56 and 4.88 no locker version.

Fixed those ones, thanks!

nitro-gear

That is helpful.

05+ Taco with OEM 4.10 is only on 4 cylinder trucks. All V6 models have 3.73. There are no 5.29 available, nor planned. We've done many of them with 4.88 and they work quite well, you will simply need to add the front carrier or RD121 as shown on the site. For further questions I suggest Calling or emailing and we can send you everything you need.

What about 4Runners?

We have plenty of different packages, give us a call and we will talk you through what you need.

zolo

Explorer
05+ Taco with OEM 4.10 is only on 4 cylinder trucks. All V6 models have 3.73. There are no 5.29 available, nor planned. We've done many of them with 4.88 and they work quite well, you will simply need to add the front carrier or RD121 as shown on the site. For further questions I suggest Calling or emailing and we can send you everything you need.

Yep I know that. So is there a 5:29 kit for the 2.7 trucks with OEM 4:10 carriers?

Last edited:
? In regards to 05+ tacoma, There are no 5.29 available, nor planned.
05+ Taco with OEM 4.10 is only on 4 cylinder trucks. All V6 models have 3.73. There are no 5.29 available, nor planned. We’ve done many of them with 4.88 and they work quite well, you will simply need to add the front carrier or RD121 as shown on the site. For further questions I suggest Calling or emailing and we can send you everything you need.

Yep I know that. So is there a 5:29 kit for the 2.7 trucks with OEM 4:10 carriers?

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
We had Awesome performance gains out of this modification on both of our vehicles. We would do it again in a heart beat! Nitro has great service too. We would highly recommend the crew over there building yours up and sending you the whole third members etc.

Clay- Expedition Overland.

nitro-gear

Thanks to everyone who checked us out this weekend at Off Road Expo, today is the last day to visit:

1382408_595128617192566_1787710693_n.jpg

Glorybigs

Adventurer
To those looking into regearing...

I did a ton of research before deciding to go with Nitro R&P gear sets, I went with 4.88 in my 07' Tacoma.
I've been running them for over 6 months now with lots of hard wheeling on them, they have performed flawlessly.
They were surprisingly quiet from the start and after the first gear oil change at 600mi I observed hardly any metal deposits in the gear oil/magnetic drain plug.

Very satisfied with my Nitro Gear sets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design