OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

gendlert

Not sure if anyone has had issues with tail light turn signals not working or what direction to head in trying to deduct things down on what to try.

Current issue:
Passenger tail light turn signal and brake light do not work.

Steps taken:
Tried to replace light with one off of amazon wired up and still not working. Realized if If touch the ground wire to the stainless oven cover the light will turn on. However, the brake and turn signal do not work, just running light.
Checked all fuses related and they are not burnt.
Took off the light from the driver side which is working and plugged into the passenger side, did not work. This leads me to believe it has to do with the wiring or the plug. I then tried to use taps to bypass the plug with the same issues as above, just running light.
Tried to plug in another truck to rule out a fuse in the truck same issues.
I know this is probably impossible to diagnose with the poor description above but maybe a long shot someone has had this issue before.

Thank you in advance.

Model type is Dweller 15.
Have you tried contact cleaner on the 7-pin? That's $7 and easy to try.

A new 7-pin connector is also a cheap solution to try. If it's truck agnostic, and the cleaner didn't fix it, that's the best place to try next. $13 for a replacement.

$20 would rule out the likeliest culprits. If those don't work, then it's trailer wiring.

Josh00333

Need some help, lost a shock bolt, no idea how.

Any one tell me what size it is, and what tools needed to take a factory one off?

I’m going to run into town tomorrow and pick up a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_8377.jpeg
    IMG_8377.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8376.jpeg
    IMG_8376.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 12

WillySwan

Need some help, lost a shock bolt, no idea how.

Any one tell me what size it is, and what tools needed to take a factory one off?

The shock bolts are 16mm diameter. You can use a 5/8 inch bolt and have no problems. You will need to measure the length.

Josh00333

Fortunately, you can get it home like that so long as you don't hit anything with the shock. If you're at home now, or not too far from a city, I'd take one of the other bolts out to match it up at the nearest hardware store.
Ya it got here, 300 miles, like that so it should be fine.

The yahoo who installed it will hear about it later (me) 🫣

I’ll pull a bolt off and run to ace when I get home.

Don’t have any tools big enough here at camp to pull one off.

Josh00333

Ok so correct me if I’m wrong;

On the stock solar charger display when it reads 5.0 amps that’s what it’s putting into the batteries correct?

When it reads 50 amp hrs that’s how long or what’s left to “fill” the batteries.

So 5 amps in and 50 to go is 10hrs of charging, right?

I might fire off the generator for a bit and charge them up.

D13 Awning mounting hardware ?

Guys I believe(?) that the hardware below is to mount the awning legs somewhere(?) to the side of the camper. Can someone tell me where this hardware is mounted ? I looked all over the side of the camper and didn’t see any mounting points for this hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

TonyJ

I don't have anything like those on my Dwell 13, the awning feet are about the same size it appears as these pieces of plastic, so maybe. Could they be for the other side of the trailer to go on the 2 uprights for the outside shower? I still have mine in the box, never opened it, so I don't know. Sorry I can't be of more help. ---- Josh, I'd have to looking at the display, but I know it shows the "volts" you have in the batteries, the charge rate coming from your solar panels (this shows on both displays - the one under the bed, & the one by the door), also the amps being used. Also, if you have zip ties, you could possibly zip tie the shock out of the way till you get home.

Dmora874

Have you tried contact cleaner on the 7-pin? That's $7 and easy to try.

A new 7-pin connector is also a cheap solution to try. If it's truck agnostic, and the cleaner didn't fix it, that's the best place to try next. $13 for a replacement.

$20 would rule out the likeliest culprits. If those don't work, then it's trailer wiring.
I should have started on that side :/ The wires to the 7 pin 2 of them had come lose somehow. I took apart and retightened all is good now. Thank you!

Josh00333

Had a great trip!

Few things to fix, shock, table mount was loose, batteries are not lasting think they are just old, weather stripping around the bath vent.

Otherwise good trip, 600 road miles, towed great. 30 miles off road, hauled good, went everywhere I went, mostly dirt roads, couple of sudo Jeep/truck roads.

Attachments

• IMG_8448.jpeg
    IMG_8448.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8377.jpeg
    IMG_8377.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8376.jpeg
    IMG_8376.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8393.jpeg
    IMG_8393.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 15

gendlert

D13 Awning mounting hardware ?

Guys I believe(?) that the hardware below is to mount the awning legs somewhere(?) to the side of the camper. Can someone tell me where this hardware is mounted ? I looked all over the side of the camper and didn’t see any mounting points for this hardware.
Correct. Conceivably, you could mount those to the side of the trailer instead of staking the feet to the ground, but the Dweller wasn't designed with that implementation of the awning in mind, so there's no pre-existing mounting point; you'd have to take your chances and drill a hole or 4 in the trailer where you want to mount it. The hardware just came with the awning, so they threw it in the top drawer with your 200 keys instead of throwing it away. My advice: throw the plastic away and keep the nuts and bolts. I used two of those to fix my camp chair that lost a couple rivets.

TonyJ

Had a great trip!

Few things to fix, shock, table mount was loose, batteries are not lasting think they are just old, weather stripping around the bath vent.

Otherwise good trip, 600 road miles, towed great. 30 miles off road, hauled good, went everywhere I went, mostly dirt roads, couple of sudo Jeep/truck roads.
I had to replace my batteries right after I purchased the trailer, as they wouldn't hold a charge. The AGM batteries like to be stored "full", and most of these trailers we have were sitting on dealer lots for a long time, & most dealers only do the minimum just to get them sold. So plugging them in while they sit isn't something they even think about. If you do decide to replace them, I'd look into lithium batteries instead of the AGM that came with them. I went with AGM because the dealer was going to pay, but I didn't know there were lithium batteries close to the same price as the AGMs. You will have to reconfigure your inverter / charger for the lithiums.

Dweller Feller

I had to replace my batteries right after I purchased the trailer, as they wouldn't hold a charge. The AGM batteries like to be stored "full", and most of these trailers we have were sitting on dealer lots for a long time, & most dealers only do the minimum just to get them sold. So plugging them in while they sit isn't something they even think about. If you do decide to replace them, I'd look into lithium batteries instead of the AGM that came with them. I went with AGM because the dealer was going to pay, but I didn't know there were lithium batteries close to the same price as the AGMs. You will have to reconfigure your inverter / charger for the lithiums.

Li-time has decent lifepo4 batteries for under $300.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design