OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

leosgarza

We are still having a leak from the roof window, so we will be uninstalling it and recaulking it. Since I need to do that, has anyone tried to install a max air fan? The standard fan opening is 14x14 inches and the window size is bigger. I could not find an adapter for it so I am about to give up on that idea.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Flettrich3

Good Morning! Quick question has anybody else had a cracked led marker lights. I have three cracked lights and have never used this trailer yet. Does anybody know how these could be replaced the lenses only? I've searched for these I can't find them anywhere.
Well I hope there is no other Dweller owner who needs to replace the lenses only because from what I understand you can't find the same matching ones, You will have to replace the whole light. That sucks!

Flettrich3

We are still having a leak from the roof window, so we will be uninstalling it and recaulking it. Since I need to do that, has anyone tried to install a max air fan? The standard fan opening is 14x14 inches and the window size is bigger. I could not find an adapter for it so I am about to give up on that idea.

I hope you find the answer because this is something I would love to do. Sorry about your leak. My bathroom vent lid was ripped off while my Trailer was in transit here to Dallas. Trying to get a replacement which I'm finding to be hard to do.

Flettrich3

Another warning! When you receive your trailer, and before you add water to your tanks make sure the hoses are connected. Both hoses to the city water must have popped off, and when I was filling the tank water got all up in my NEW trailer. Scared the crap out of me. I had to extend one of the hoses because it was to short. Just because it is new does not mean there won't be any problems.

tjtx

Do you happen to remember the height of the D13 Hitch when you leveled and measured it? We are installing the same WDH on our 2021 Tacoma Off-road. Much appreciated if you can remember. And how many washers did you end up with on the button. I currently have 6 on there but am still in the measurement/torquing phase.

I honestly don't remember at all what the height was, I think I ended up with 3 washers in the end iirc... I removed 1 from what they suggested as a starting place. I also need to re-level it after I changed to a DO35 hitch from the McHitch, but it's been too hot to deal with here.

tjtx

Can those ARK heavy-duty legs be used to actually lift the trailer? Not necessarily high or even completely off the ground, but enough on one side to change a tire perhaps? I mean what's the real appeal otherwise?

They can actually, I've still got a bottle jack and some leveling pads just in case, but these are definitely heavy duty enough to lift it off of the ground.

AMMO461

I honestly don't remember at all what the height was, I think I ended up with 3 washers in the end iirc... I removed 1 from what they suggested as a starting place. I also need to re-level it after I changed to a DO35 hitch from the McHitch, but it's been too hot to deal with here.
We also ditched the McHitch and went to the DO35. Thanks for the info.

S J

Recently purchased Dweller 15. Obi web site sucks ! Not a lot of information out there. I contacted
Roa, they by far have more knowledge than anybody else. BUT are limited on spilling information if you did not purchase a product from them. You can buy into their " Roamer family " for $5,000.00 dollars. Which would give you access to mods, info etc....

Looking to install a sink myself. Was wondering if the existing water lines have a brand name ? According to emails with obi, it is a non branded type water line that is 12 mm od. Looking for a 12 mm od to 1/2" od transition. Help would be appreciated.

Thx !

leosgarza

I would suggest joining the Obi Dwellar USA Facebook group if you have not. There is a lot of people in there that is doing mods or have done mods. I'm sure people will share the knowledge and privately email you for any information that you may request. There's also tons of paperwork and the site for you to look at.

S J

Recently purchased Dweller 15. Noticed a 12 volt ( cigarette style ) plug in. If we plug in our zamp 180 watt portable solar panels, to the 12 volt plug in, will it charge our batteries ? Figuring it might work out pretty decent if we are parked in shaded areas and the rooftop solar will not be grabbing to much sunlight.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Recently purchased Dweller 15. Noticed a 12 volt ( cigarette style ) plug in. If we plug in our zamp 180 watt portable solar panels, to the 12 volt plug in, will it charge our batteries ? Figuring it might work out pretty decent if we are parked in shaded areas and the rooftop solar will not be grabbing to much sunlight.

SJ ROA just posted a vid on thier Dweller situation. It was very honest vid about dealers that are going out of business and selling the Dwellers for less then what ROA paid for thiers. I don't blame them for not offering service for folks who did not buy from them.

My advice is join thier club or find a local rv mechanic that can help you.

I assume you got your trailer very cheap so it may cost a bit to dial her in.

Is there not a portable solar panal zamp type plug in on your Dweller? You can't charge you batteries thru portable solar panels via a standard 12 volt plug in.

Genlert were are you bro. This guy needs u

marmotguy

For those you with Dweller's, what is your pull vehicle? Any mid-size tow vehicles out there. I'm strongly considering the Dweller 15. I currently have a 2019 Chevy Colorado with 7000lb tow capacity. I'm certainly open to moving to something bigger, but I prefer to stay mid-size if possible. I really like the 2023 Colorado's now with tow capacity of 7700lbs and so could easily give up my current truck for one of those. Full size pickup would certainly handle the capacity but I'd rather not move up to those because of the extra width of the vehicle. I need to park a truck in the driveway with enough room for a car to get around and into the garage.

S J

SJ ROA just posted a vid on thier Dweller situation. It was very honest vid about dealers that are going out of business and selling the Dwellers for less then what ROA paid for thiers. I don't blame them for not offering service for folks who did not buy from them.

My advice is join thier club or find a local rv mechanic that can help you.

I assume you got your trailer very cheap so it may cost a bit to dial her in.

Is there not a portable solar panal zamp type plug in on your Dweller? You can't charge you batteries thru portable solar panels via a standard 12 volt plug in.

Genlert were are you bro. This guy needs u
Thank you ! I understand Roa's situation, They where pretty candid about their situation with Obi. They seem like great guys ! If Roa, does not like questions from obi owners who did not purchase Dwellers directly from Roa, Obi should remove Roa as their contact number or Roa, should ask to be removed from the obi website. If you text the number from the Obi website, It leads directly to Roa. Love the trailer, very solid. Seems like Obi, pissed off a lot of dealers. I contacted quite a few dealers across the country and there seems to be the same sediment. The local Oregon dealers will not be selling them anymore either. Hey, I can"t complain to much, I paid $35,780.00 for a 2022 Dweller 15. Super happy with it. I don't see Obi being in business to much longer, their web page is awful. very few details. No customer service number to contact them directly, it just leads to a recorded messages. I have emailed them a few times and have received responses to very basic questions. Anything technical they are useless. I wish Obi the best, its to bad they have done such a poor job running a business, because their product is good ! My biggest complaint would be. Going to public school system back in the 80's and being told America would be switched over to the metric sytem by the time we are adults. Still has not happened. Which in turn makes it a little more difficult owning a Dweller. But never to old to learn something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design