Off-road/backwoods pop-up camp trailer

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Just read the build thread, but it stops abruptly. Can you give a brief of how it ended, ie: looks like the top is orig vs. Alum as planned, water tank, kitchen setup, etc? Any additional pics of systems/interior?
Thanks- looks nice, and build was impressive. How did she do in 'action'?

shmabs

Explorer
Got a chance to see this trailer in person yesterday, and if it was just a touch smaller it would not be for sale!

Very well built!

Mike

Trail100

Observer
Just read the build thread, but it stops abruptly. Can you give a brief of how it ended, ie: looks like the top is orig vs. Alum as planned, water tank, kitchen setup, etc? Any additional pics of systems/interior?
Thanks- looks nice, and build was impressive. How did she do in 'action'?

It ended about as abruptly as the thread, The top is still ABS and there is no additional gear installed. We just never ended up using it as much as planned so I didn't proceed with the original plans. It did work well the few times it was used, just ended up at more campgrounds than areas I would like to go. Tracks really well though and with the spring/shock combo it doesn't bounce all over the place. Pretty light too, barely new it was there.

Can't post interior/additional pics. right now, got a bad cable, I'll keep working on it.

Trail100

Observer
Here's an interior shot, this pic. makes the bed deck look small, it's queen size I believe. The other side looks identical. There are also two (uncovered) foam pads that fit on each side included:

It's very tall inside also, I'm 6'5" and there's plenty of room above my head when standing.

-
A shot of the tongue, the center tube is receiver tube, you can slide (extend and re-pin to track a longer vehicle better) the tongue out, or an articulating style hitch could be installed:

Last edited:

kbahus

Adventurer
Couple questions:

What is the condition of the canvas?

No kitchen slide out?

Stabilizer jacks installed?

Pretty cool little trailer, very tempting.

Trail100

Observer
Couple questions:

What is the condition of the canvas?

No kitchen slide out?

Stabilizer jacks installed?

Pretty cool little trailer, very tempting.

-The canvas is showing some age, it's sun faded and not as thick feeling on the two angled (roof) panels but it's not brittle like when cloth rots. The rest is really good, like new still in some areas that didn't see much sun. There are some spots in the netting that have been patched and some others that need a patch.
-The original kitchen slide out would no longer work with the new wheel wells inside, so we would just put kitchen supplies in Rubbermaid rugged totes, the smaller size ones fit behind the tongue box perfectly.
-I just noticed the pictures don't show them but there are two BAL scissor jacks on the back corners and the bulldog up front, with the wheels chocked it's stable even when no left connected to a vehicle.

Judoka

Learning To Live
Great price for a great trailer! If you have it next month (seriously doubt you will) I will pick it up from you. I am sure someone will pick up this amazing deal before I can get to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1