Offline maps Backcountry Navigator

Ah there is a trick to that. Google doesn't like you doing it with their maps. So under map manager create a new layer map. It will ask you what you two maps you want to use. Pick Google and anything and set the opacity of the other map to zero. It will cache then

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I just downloaded a 3.9gb topo map from Canada topo, 24 hrs. ha ha. I may give the mytrails a serious go now and try it out.

kojackJKU

Cool, I will look at it after. One thing I wish I could do is add roads to the mapping. I know that the TOPOs available for Newfoundland are not accurate and up to date. So recording my track into the map permanently would be a cool feature.

kojackJKU

Ok, I will need some help on that after too! ha ha. I am figuring out the sat imagery trick now. thanks for the help bud!

kojackJKU

Downloading the sat image now. going to do the TOPO of it after! 10 hrs is the time for it. not bad. So, when using the app in nav, I will see the sat image if needed? And I can swtich back and forth between topo and Sat image on the fly?

kojackJKU

Do I have to keep the tablet from timing out? Mine said it was done after ten min. But it wasn't.

i never had that issue but thats easy to do. you probably have it set to disconnect from the network when the screen is off. that will be under your connections in settings. the other thing you can do is under developer options you can set screen to never sleep. if you dont see developer options go to about phone and tab on build number 7 times. it will unlock the extra screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1