OME Front Sus Help

Zam15

Explorer
So I picked up OME 882 Springs off of Craigslist for super cheap :sombrero: I also just ordered a set of OME NITROCHARGER SPORT shocks.
clip_image002.jpg

I plan to have a local shop put everything together once everything arrives. Problem is you have to use the stock top assembly from the old coils. When I installed the spacer lift I have right now the stock rubber (isolator/bushings?) were thrown away.
clip_image0026.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a replacement for it before I have everything assembled? This is because I believe the spacer I have would be too thick for the 882 springs and the ride would be too harsh? I would welcome any thoughts on this.
Here is the current coil spacer and top spacer
DSC00037-5.jpg

I Hope to still use the top spacer to give me a little more lift than just the 882s by themselves would give me. Once again I would welcome any thoughts on this.

Current Top Spacer = +/- 20mm Thick
Current Coil Spacer = +/- 20mm Thick
Truck is very heavy being V6, DCAB, ARB, Sliders, Roof Rack, and normally 3-4 people riding along

Thanks,
Derek

P.S. No more stink bug Tacoma! :elkgrin:

maclean216

Observer
You can get that part you need from any Toyota dealer.

I bought my 882s used as well and they were run with a spacer. I put mine on without the spacer and they were great till I added my shrockworks front bumper with winch. I lost some ride height and ride quality. I blame the ride quality on the shocks.

Zam15

Explorer
You can get that part you need from any Toyota dealer.

I bought my 882s used as well and they were run with a spacer. I put mine on without the spacer and they were great till I added my shrockworks front bumper with winch. I lost some ride height and ride quality. I blame the ride quality on the shocks.

Can you recall if it was a coil or top spacer and how big they were?
Thanks for the info.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The entire upper strut mount assembly is available at the dealer but I'm 99% sure the rubber isolator is NOT available stand alone. Fwiw the entire strut mount is part number 48609-35010

maclean216

Observer
If you can't source one for cheap let me know. I am upgrading my suspension this week and will send you mine just for shipping.

*edit*

We live about 5 miles from each other. I will drop them off on my way to work.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
If you can't source one for cheap let me know. I am upgrading my suspension this week and will send you mine just for shipping.

*edit*

We live about 5 miles from each other. I will drop them off on my way to work.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

maclean- I will totally take you up on your offer :sombrero: but it will also be great to meet a local ExPo member :) PM sent

What are you upgrading to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1