Opinions on Rove Lite?

Dmski

Adventurer
Hello expo! I've been considering a smaller trailer setup for light duty camping (so FS roads) in a small light compact design with bunks. Casitas and the like have been on the shortlist as these are better quality than most, but living space is a bit tight for family of 4. I've generally avoided stick built trailers and completely understand the quality (or lack thereof) of the North American trailer market so I'm certainly not shocked by crap interior build quality of most trailers. The Rove Lite caught my eye though as offering some light aluminum trailer options with no wood construction. Seeing one in person I was underwhelmed with the interior build quality but the bones and core of the trailer weren't half bad with honeycomb composite floor, composite wall and aluminum framing. Low profile, light weight, small foot print and semi decent offerings on amenities rounds this one out to being alright on paper anyways. I'm not kidding myself here, but from what I could see with a few small upgrades this little trailer could be a decent all rounder. Does anyone here own one of these and can speak to their experience?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Hey DMski- if you haven't done this already join the Rov Lite Facebook group. They will approve you right away which is cool. Once in the group search key words like " issues " , " leaks" "cracked ". This will show you alot.

Not saying I did this because that would be obsessive.

Of course any trailer FB group will have issues and these are an IN mass produced trailer that don't cost much money. You truly do get what you pay for.

Not so sure that chassis is what I would call robust.

Dmski

Adventurer
Hey DMski- if you haven't done this already join the Rov Lite Facebook group. They will approve you right away which is cool. Once in the group search key words like " issues " , " leaks" "cracked ". This will show you alot.

Not saying I did this because that would be obsessive.

Of course any trailer FB group will have issues and these are an IN mass produced trailer that don't cost much money. You truly do get what you pay for.

Not so sure that chassis is what I would call robust.
Thanks for the reply, I'll go and check that out as well. I had read about a few issues and saw a few instances of overloaded frames causing cracking but beyond that folks seem relatively happy with them for the cheaper price point. Truth be told I was hoping these would be possible replacement for the camp lite livin lite series of trailers that were around not too long ago. I've been eyeing these as well but there are very few for sale with the bunk house configuration and at a decade old I'm sure they are showing their age there too.

That's ironic because I had a livin lite quick silver 10.0 pop up for 10 years. It was huge inside and had no electronics or appliances but my family grew up camping with that trailer and loved it.

Looking a little closer I still can't find any pictures of the chassis. It just seems like they are not beefy enough to handle any kind of dirt road travel. The ground clearance has to be less then 11" with the gray and black values hanging down even lower behind the wheels. It's a total pavement princess. I don't think I could even get it down my driveway

Attachments

• 20240614_135107.jpg
    20240614_135107.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 10

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
First time I'm hearing about them. Just had a look at their site and I see no difference between these and 99% of the mass-produced trailers that come out of Indiana. Same construction methods (fibreglass, azdel, etc.) as my own Winnebago, the usual cheap appliances, same shell joints, etc. The numerous poorly photoshopped photos are off-putting to me.

First time I'm hearing about them. Just had a look at their site and I see no difference between these and 99% of the mass-produced trailers that come out of Indiana. Same construction methods (fibreglass, azdel, etc.) as my own Winnebago, the usual cheap appliances, same shell joints, etc. The numerous poorly photoshopped photos are off-putting to me.

Good catch I wouldn't have noticed that. No way this trailer would last driving to that scenic spot. There are at a price point is very affordable but don't market them to be off road.

Dmski

Adventurer
Good note, I think they aren’t doing anything different aside from these being all aluminum and azdel construction, so no wood which is a plus but not likely robust enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal