Other dual battery controllers

RichJacot

Observer
Are there any other dual battery controllers out there besides the SunSaver Duo?

I've been running (5+ years I think) the SunSaver 10 on the house battery and now I'd like to add the starting battery as our rig is no longer a daily driver. It'll only have a 100w panel.

john61ct

Adventurer
Then that is a poor choice that should be replaced.

Blue Sea's are mostly 12.7V I believe, ML version varies by time 13-13.5V

RichJacot

Observer
I'm open to other options... For $$ reasons, just not wanting to replace the National Luna setup.

I'm not sure it would keep the main battery above 13.1 volts to keep the solenoid engaged, especially since the house battery is the one with constant loads. I'm only guessing but once say everything is charged the starting battery would fall below 13.1v and the solenoid disconnects, the house will begin to draw down and with the starting battery fully charged it wouldn't be reengage the solenoid to get the house battery charged back up or topped off. Thoughts?

I should add that both batteries aren't the same. One's a 31 and the other is a 34.

wuntenn

Adventurer
Steca make one (I may be getting one). STECA SOLARIX 20A DUAL BATTERY SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER FOR ANY COMBINATION OF TWO 12V / 24V BATTERIES FOR UP TO 320W (12V) / 640W (24V) SOLAR INPUT

1477670395_79435500.png11.jpeg

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes the whole point is that they both get charged together, but Starter isolated from House loads otherwise stay at high SoC to ensure you don't get stranded.

A basic IGN solenoid setup is fine so long as the only source is alternator.

ACR / VSR etc are needed when other sources come into the picture.

But then do you need Starter to get charged by those other sources?

IMO if Starter **only** feeds the engine, then all it needs is alt.

WSS

Rock Stacker
I run a hellroaring combiner. It does work.

IMG_2011_zps8wv3ated.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1