Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

Fuzzy

Sorry, but I blame Nonimouse...

I am running 245/ SEVENTY - 16's with no lift and no rubbing is the differece that big between 70 and 75?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Sorry, but I blame Nonimouse...

I am running 245/ SEVENTY - 16's with no lift and no rubbing is the differece that big between 70 and 75?

The 245/70's are one inch shorter (29.5) versus the 30.5 of the 245/75. It depends on the brand/type of tire a little. Some MT's are a little taller than AT's.

Scott Brady

Founder
Lots of love still for my favorite Discovery. A day on the trail with AZLRO.

My brother-in-law Jared drove for most of the trail. Great to have family that loves the outdoors.
AZLRO21.jpg

AZLRO27.jpg

AZLRO34.jpg

AZLRO36.jpg

AZLRO37.jpg

AZLRO44.jpg

AZLRO45.jpg

Lockers were working great and the suspension still rewarded the driver. Hard to believe this is a 16 year old truck - miles of smiles :)

hochung

Adventurer
Awesome. Glad you still feel the love. Keep it in the family.

I have a daughter that will soon be driving, and I want to get her a Disco that is as old as she is. So I've been looking for a 96 Disco.... but it has to be manual transmission. No auto. We'll see.... I haven't found any so far.:)

She hates the idea of an old Disco. Here's the killer: she wishes for a soft top Defender. LOL

My excuse is, there are no 96 D90s. She thinks it's a lame excuse.

jrose609

Explorer
Awesome. Glad you still feel the love. Keep it in the family.

I have a daughter that will soon be driving, and I want to get her a Disco that is as old as she is. So I've been looking for a 96 Disco.... but it has to be manual transmission. No auto. We'll see.... I haven't found any so far.:)

She hates the idea of an old Disco. Here's the killer: she wishes for a soft top Defender. LOL

My excuse is, there are no 96 D90s. She thinks it's a lame excuse.

Ho, 5-speed here in Boise. Pretty nice, but a lot of money.
http://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/2204342383.html

Scott Brady

Founder
The Disco is still purring along, and although the major work is all finished, there are still things that come up from time to time.

My latest effort is to improve the rear door cover/panel. The factory one uses a subwoofer and a small storage tray. The tray is fragile and the speaker is in the way of extra storage. With my tray cracked and the speaker useless, I decided to install a simple aluminum and powdercoated panel from Columbia Overland. We are in the middle of the work right now, but will post up some images soon.

ssssnake529

Explorer
The Disco is still purring along, and although the major work is all finished, there are still things that come up from time to time.

My latest effort is to improve the rear door cover/panel. The factory one uses a subwoofer and a small storage tray. The tray is fragile and the speaker is in the way of extra storage. With my tray cracked and the speaker useless, I decided to install a simple aluminum and powdercoated panel from Columbia Overland. We are in the middle of the work right now, but will post up some images soon.

I have that panel. When you install it, use rubber washers on both sides. Otherwise, it will rattle and drive you crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1