Partner stove ?

Ireland

Adventurer
Almost dropped the hammer on one this weekend but hesitated and now the hammer is falling again...Cheers folks

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Gregny said:
Thank you for all your input :ylsmoke: I'll be calling Martyn to place an order for one :jump:

I hope he has it in stock aswell as a couple of gas can holders and two Led work lamps ( Hint Hint Martyn are you out there LOL) Thanks

I'm here man!!

It's my wife's birthday so there is lots of festivities going on.

I can help you out with the stove.

The holder I'll put you on the waiting list. 2 -3 weeks to go on those.

Martyn

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
The three burner I ordered and foolishly sold so I could buy a two burner with my Chaser :)

24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
I love mine. I have the three burner for a little more room. It's built to be the last stove you will buy. Being thrown from a raft to the shore is nothing for these things. Try that with a lesser stove.

Ireland

Adventurer
Martyn said:
I'm here man!!

It's my wife's birthday so there is lots of festivities going on.

I can help you out with the stove.

The holder I'll put you on the waiting list. 2 -3 weeks to go on those.

Martyn

Can your company get the 18" four burner model and if so how many $$?
Thanks

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Ireland said:
Can your company get the 18" four burner model and if so how many $$?
Thanks

Yes we can get any of the Partner Steel Products.

Drop me an e mail with the products you are interested in and I'll send you back an order form with costs and shipping. Don't forget to add your shipping details. martyn@adventuretrailers.com

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Cook Partner Stove

I'm leaning heavily towards a Cook Partner Stove.

For those of you who have one, would you mind taking some close up pics of it and either posting them up or e-mailing them to me?

I'd like to see the propane hose connection at the stove as well as pictures of the grill showing the spacing that seems to be a concern. I'm fidling with various mounting solutions and would like to see if I could make it work before purchasing.

Cheers :beer:,
P

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Here you go...

I welded two short pieces of SS rod over the RH burner. Need to do the LH one of these days ;-)...otherwise small pots can not be centered over the burner/flame or supported at all (like a small base espresso/Moka pot).

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Pictures!

Thanks for the pictures. That was exactly what I was looking for.
Time to go trim the money tree again!
Cheers,
P

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
These stoves are great!!

Partner Steel makes some great equipment. Harvey Partner, former owner and the designer of the stoves, is good friends with my grandparents. About 10 years ago he have them one of his 4-burner stoves. As a demonstration of its strength, Harvey had 4 of us, all 6ft+ and 200#+, stand on it. We were all amazed that it held our weight with out deflection.

Partner Steel also donates a stove to our local Safari Club banquet. Several area river guides show up exclusively to bid on the oven during the auction.

I personally would like the 2-burner 9in stove that folds up to 6"x12"x9"

Gregny

Adventurer
I had ordered two 26" 3 burner stoves with wind screens from partner they should be here tomorrow:jump:

Thanks to everyone's input I feel good about the purchase .

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Cook Partner Stove update

spressomon said:
#2: The pan grate is fine for larger pans but for small pots, espresso makers, etc. I had to weld a few SS cross pieces in to make it work better. Not a big deal if you have a welder but this is a design detail that Partner could remedy without much cost if any.

Is it worth the money? Well as was discussed in this thread, buying "locally" made products from companies that listen to their consumers and continually seek to improve their products pays off.

I have been "informed" that Cook Partner has re-designed their grill to address the grill spacing issue... I'll be able to provide pictures later next week! :peepwall:

I guess that means that you are down to one nit! :sombrero:

Cheers,
P

spressomon

Expedition Leader
p1michaud said:
Is it worth the money? Well as was discussed in this thread, buying "locally" made products from companies that listen to their consumers and continually seek to improve their products pays off.

I have been "informed" that Cook Partner has re-designed their grill to address the grill spacing issue... I'll be able to provide pictures later next week! :peepwall:

I guess that means that you are down to one nit! :sombrero:

Cheers,
P

The stove is worth it to me...especially after I fixed the grate :arabia:. I have the wind screen proto cut out of template paper...I just need to go get some aluminum and get 'er made.

It is good to know the CP folks are listening (assuming they did indeed remedy the grate issue)!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Stove improvements

spressomon said:
The stove is worth it to me...especially after I fixed the grate :arabia:. I have the wind screen proto cut out of template paper...I just need to go get some aluminum and get 'er made.

It is good to know the CP folks are listening (assuming they did indeed remedy the grate issue)!

If you keep this up, you will be: "sans nits"!
I did see a photo of the revised grill but want to ask for permission before posting... If the new stove gets here before then, I'll take pictures and post them up. Thank you for sharing your experience and photos.

Cheers,
P

greybrick

Adventurer
As far as gas fuel stoves go the Partner looks fairly well built. The problems with gas appliances though is the weight and area taken up by the gas cannister, the stoves can't be used for space heating so cooking needs to be done outside in the elements and if you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere you're back to campfire cooking. Too bad someone hasn't designed a small modern lightweight controled airflow ducted stainless steel air tight biomass stove that could be used to cook on, heat a tent or with tempered glass sides give a cheery glow to the inside of a trailer, like the Romany Gypsy peoples used for hundreds of years in their vardos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1