Pop-up Suggestions Needed Like Super Pacific and GFC

BrianPatrick

New to the group and what a wealth of information.

I am looking for a Pop-up like the Super Pacific or GFC, but I have a few requirements and not having much luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Needs to have the following.

Works with 8' bed.
Has flip open sides for access, but with windows and screens that I can open if needed. I would be happy with the full size panel that opens. I guess I could get windows with screens cut in?
I want to keep this pretty streamlined if I go this route.

If I can't find something like this, I may just go with a slide in, but I would rather have something I can use during the week and play on the weekends.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Check out OVRLND. They can build to pretty much any spec.

For what it's worth. I have many friends with a GFC and they are so legit.

jmodz

GFC made an 8’ camper for their project truck but at the time it sounded like they weren’t going to make anymore. I really hope they do though.
You could also check out Enduro Campers. There is a thread in this sub forum about them. They are a new company so it sounds like they are willing to do custom work.

BrianPatrick

GFC made an 8’ camper for their project truck but at the time it sounded like they weren’t going to make anymore. I really hope they do though.
You could also check out Enduro Campers. There is a thread in this sub forum about them. They are a new company so it sounds like they are willing to do custom work.

Never heard of Enduro. I will check them out thx.

crismateski

American Adventurist
It has already been mentioned multiple times, but definitely check out Ovrlnd Campers in Flagstaff. We just put a deposit on one a couple of weeks ago.

m-l_johnny

There’s also Snap Outfitters Treehouse. They’re made in central PA. Made for any truck out there.

Was considering getting one for my Tacoma, but got a Jeep w/ an Ursa Minor instead.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
There’s also Snap Outfitters Treehouse. They’re made in central PA. Made for any truck out there.

Was considering getting one for my Tacoma, but got a Jeep w/ an Ursa Minor instead.
I sure like that snap outfitters topper! They're all priced about twice what I spend for what you get though. The GFC for instance, offers the RTT for around $4000, which is on the high end of RTT's. Then if you add a handful of extrusions that sort of equate to a leitner rack and some doors, it suddenly jumps up to $10k!

mcjager

Hey Man,

I would really consider checking out a new camper company called Enduro Campers.

- Sandwich Composite Materials
- Uses Carbon Fiber as bracing
- Built to accommodate an 8ft bed
- Custom to each vehicle
- Lightweight

Basically, they are bringing expedition vehicle technology to the truck market at a reasonable price. They are worth checking out.

Attachments

• 6v7ebvhban581.jpeg
    6v7ebvhban581.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 4azcujhban581.jpeg
    4azcujhban581.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.30.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.30.07 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.29.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.29.31 PM.png