Possibly the coolest tent I have ever seen...

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah link looked and looked and could not find any real owners :)

it would be fun to own but would never be my main and only setup :)

nuclearmonkey

Observer
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.640124229353399.1073741837.191685357530624&type=3

Originally when i was looking for info, I found an article (not the FB link above), but at least you get the idea. I also read a couple of other reviews (I believe UK based) who had similar experiences. I have no dog in this fight, just figured I'd post as I was considering one a while back. If you go this route, by all means post up positive or negative experiences for posterity sake.

geordie4x4

Observer
Some guys I go kayaking with use the Hennessy Hammocks and they rekon they are great for wet conditions but only single person.

This thing takes it to a new level in space. Looks great if you are in Africa to be up out of reach providing you have a suitably high group of trees.

Last edited:

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.640124229353399.1073741837.191685357530624&type=3

Originally when i was looking for info, I found an article (not the FB link above), but at least you get the idea. I also read a couple of other reviews (I believe UK based) who had similar experiences. I have no dog in this fight, just figured I'd post as I was considering one a while back. If you go this route, by all means post up positive or negative experiences for posterity sake.

Read that one through. The author admits that he received any early version and updates have taken place. Particularly in the rain-fly. I am still interested in the smaller "Connect" version and will likely be placing an order soon.

C

Honu

lost on the mainland

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
reminded me of the Top Gear Burma special

tumblr_mzxwjb2ljp1qhlcjbo3_500.gif

Cool Idea, BUT....

I just watched the videos on their website, and it left me wondering. I think it definitely has a high 'cool factor', but wonder how practical it would be in use. I tethered my single hammock to the same tree as my buddy tethered his to one time, and every time I moved, he moved and vice-versa. I wouldn't want to share that tent with a restless sleeper.
Also, the first video implies you need climbing gear to pitch your tent.
I do like that you are off the ground, that's why I like my RTT.
Definitely a really cool fort for the kids though.
Just my two cents....:)

Sloan

Explorer
I had read about the sloppy stitching so I was kind of on the fence but my inner 8 year old won out and I picked one up at REI. I checked out the stitching and it is indeed sloppy (see pics). I am usually not super picky but on a retail $675 tent it's pretty bad. The frayed zipper pulls are an easy fix but again just sloppy manufacturing. The only one that really concerns me is the stitching around the D-ring that hangs the tent. I'm not sure how much the sloppy stitching affects the load rating if at all. I am gonna try setting it up in the park by my house tomorrow and then we'll see if it goes back.

Attachments

• IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4267.jpg
    IMG_4267.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4269.jpg
    IMG_4269.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4270.jpg
    IMG_4270.jpg