Here's my Kirkham's Auto Canopy being put to use on Soda Lake out in Mohave:

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0229 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0229 (Medium).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 4,747

Honu

lost on the mainland
set it up at a buddies when I first got my trailer but have not used it on trips as I have not needed it yet :)

this season we are going to do more local camping so will need it big time :)

next thing I want to do is get sides for this all around they have them as a option in SA but to expensive to ship up here so will try to get some made from a local canvas person ?
might also just go for some netting all around to keep bugs out :) and let the breeze through

I am going to get a large silver tarp also

4.jpg

5.jpg

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
Overland Journal has a comprehensive awning test scheduled for the next issue (spring)

We review:
1. Camping Lab
2. Eezi-Awn
3. Fiamma
4. Hannibal
5. Fox Wing
6. Front Runner Featherlight
7. Sunseeker

Awesome, can't wait. I was thinking to myself the other day, I wish OJ would do a review/test of awnings.

stolenheron

Explorer
I'm in the middle of building mine. its aluminum. the framework is done.

still needs
-a proper fitting canvas/tarp. will be attached to the parallel bar and the roof rack and will need to strap to the perpendicular pipes extending from the truck.
-outrigger lines
-attaching the awning to the vehicle when folded up for travel
-finding a way to cover the awning once rolled up for travel.

DSC_00012-2.jpg

DSC_00024.jpg

DSC_00034.jpg

DSC_00044.jpg

DSC_00054.jpg

DSC_00064.jpg

DSC_00073.jpg

DSC_00083.jpg

DSC_00093.jpg

DSC_00103.jpg

DSC_00113.jpg

DSC_00123.jpg

DSC_00133.jpg

stolenheron

Explorer
Bought some 6" diameter PVC and 2 matching end caps. proceeded to go to town with a friend's reciprocating saw. got everything cut the way i wanted then applied a good coat of herculiner (truck bed liner) with a roll on applicator. used ratchet straps i already had and voila. the awning and awning cover are now complete. the truck has a much cleaner look that just a rolled up tarp on the side now.

DSC_0002-6.jpg

DSC_00032.jpg

DSC_00042.jpg

DSC_00062.jpg

DSC_00072.jpg

DSC_00082.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

DSC_00122.jpg

DSC_00132.jpg

DSC_00142.jpg

DSC_0015-3.jpg

DSC_00172.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Man, that makes it liik 16x better, good thinking.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Bought some 6" diameter PVC and 2 matching end caps. proceeded to go to town with a friend's reciprocating saw. got everything cut the way i wanted then applied a good coat of herculiner (truck bed liner) with a roll on applicator. used ratchet straps i already had and voila. the awning and awning cover are now complete. the truck has a much cleaner look that just a rolled up tarp on the side now.

What is your set up time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design