Pro Comp ES9000 shocks, anyone?

viducce

Observer
Hi friends,

Just about to buy some new shocks for my 1997 Pajero Gen 2.5.
My local 4wd store is recommending me these Pro Comp ES 9000 shocks

Does anyone has them on his Pajero / Montero and could please give me some feedback?

BTW, I got a OME lift, I think it's the 1.25 kit w.torsion bars + coil springs, just if it matters.

Thanks & cheers, Chris

ert01

Adventurer
I'm not a Mitsubishi guy but I really have not had any good experience with the procomp white body shocks. I ran the 3000's, then the 9000's then some Rancho adjustables, then Fox 2.0 remote resi's, then some FOA 2" emulsions and now Bilstein 5160's and I can say that by far the best are the 5160's. They are just valved perfectly from the factory.

The other shock that I have been impressed with on my buddy's rig is the OME shocks. For the price they work nicely.

Jaynen

Adventurer
I'm not a Mitsubishi guy but I really have not had any good experience with the procomp white body shocks. I ran the 3000's, then the 9000's then some Rancho adjustables, then Fox 2.0 remote resi's, then some FOA 2" emulsions and now Bilstein 5160's and I can say that by far the best are the 5160's. They are just valved perfectly from the factory.

The other shock that I have been impressed with on my buddy's rig is the OME shocks. For the price they work nicely.

You prefer the 5160 (non reservoir) to the fox 2.0's? getting valving right I guess is the hardest part. In sports car racing it seems more straight forward I can get a koni custom valved for the spring rates/weight etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1