Proud First Time Owner of a 1999 LC100!

EastWest

Observer
If you can avoid putting bumpers and winches and tons of gear you can keep the stock suspension. Make sure you drive a fully built fully loaded truck before venturing down that road. It rides much much different than the stock configuration. Sliders, 33s", a torsion bar crank and *perhaps* some slightly stiffer springs in the rear would be my strong suggestion for an overland vehicle that won't be asked to run hard trails.

We did the OME stock/light in front with torsion bars and medium in rear. We've been mostly happy with the decision to not go medium or heavy for those long stretches of highway between stops as, even still, it is still not the fluffy stock ride it once was. We've tackled trails at off-road parks and done other trails time to time and it has held up with no problems. The vehicle already feels heavy enough even when our roof rack isn't loaded down and without front/rear bumpers. Sliders are on my list of next things to do along with skid plates. I feel like off-road performance would definitely benefit from stiffer front suspension, but don't know if I want to go to the medium setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1