Ram 3500 Crew Cab Diesel/ Knapheide service body/ Camper install

drewactual

Adventurer
I have that same winch bumper on my super duty, with a superwinch sitting in there, and LED lightbars across the bottom... I think it's a 26" in the center, and then four 8"... two on either side of the long one, which are mounted angled to follow the contour of the tray.

the thing that I really dug about that set up is how modular it is.. I put a bull bar (a real one, not the flimsy tin foil ones) on mine, and I'm considering going ahead and putting a full brush guard on it- they bolt right up... it's a pretty reasonable price for a solid piece of gear that can be used as a base to expand on...

for what it's worth, a friend of mine is a master welder- dude can fabricate anything he puts his mind to... he couldn't fab one as nice as this ones made for the cost of material.. he measured and drew it out, and went and priced material- so that isn't just saying that, it's the truth. I think I paid $275 for mine off amazon, and spent another $125 for the bull bar and hooks.

gun45boat

Adventurer
I agree, that is why I bought that winch tray, it was def. a good base to add some custom tube work to expand the bumper. DO you have any pics of yours? Please post a link or pics. I would like to see his work.

drewactual

Adventurer
oh, it's all bought- mine, anyway... my buddy wanted his own, but after taking all the measurements off of mine and setting out to build his own he quickly learned he couldn't build it near as cheap as he could buy it... I don't see a lot of these around, and I think that's kinda strange, because they are about the biggest bang for the buck out there I think.

here is the only pic I have right now of mine:

winch.jpg

gun45boat

Adventurer
Got the Snorkel installed on the camper truck.. took 2 hours to install perfect fit and finish

Attachments

• snorkel2.JPG
    snorkel2.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 38

gun45boat

Adventurer
Finally got the tool boxes installed.

Still have to Fab up the surfboard racks and the rack for the SUP, and a mount for the spare tire. The custom made water tank that will mount on the bed (under the Arctic Cat) will be here next week.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• expotrailer1.jpg
    expotrailer1.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 22

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking progress there Mr Gun. Nice looking:Wow1: snorkel install. Though you might want to learn how to rotate your pics. Thanks for posting up. Cheers, Chilli...:)

gun45boat

Adventurer
Fold down ladders to access the Camper installed on both side of the front of the trailer. DONE.

Surfboards, and SUP installed on the upper rack. DONE

Spare tire mounted and bolted into place. DONE.

Waiting on the Cargo Rack to be delivered from Northern Tool today, and will be fabbing that on the front of the nose on the trailer for more storage/firewood etc.

TIme to load it down with gear etc. and fill up the tanks and take her for a ride down the highway to see how she feels

I think that is it

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 12

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cool updates Gun. I just need to drink more to be able to tilt my head so I can see those pics...:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1