Ram Rebel Suspension Dilema

endurokIng

Hey guys,

I'm incredibly torn between what suspension to get for my Rebel. As it has the air ride, I want to be able to get something that won't mess with the aerodynamic mode at 60mph and raising & lowering it.

Options
  1. Carli 2.5" with King shocks ($4,500)
  2. Icon 2.5" stage 5 kit ($3,800)
  3. AEV 4″ DUALSPORT ($2,500)
  4. BDS 4" ($2,000)
I would like to add some Thurn steering components as well down the road. Also, what other upgrades do you recommend for a fully capable Rebel

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I guess the first question is, how much do you want to spend?

That would be my SECOND question.

My first one would be "what is it that your stock suspension can't do that you want it to do?" Isn't the Rebel the "off-road" package anyway?

Kinda sucks to pay good money for an "off road" suspension and then pay another $4k to replace it.

Explorerinil

Observer
That would be my SECOND question.

My first one would be "what is it that your stock suspension can't do that you want it to do?" Isn't the Rebel the "off-road" package anyway?

Kinda sucks to pay good money for an "off road" suspension and then pay another $4k to replace it.
I think he’s over that question and set on another, he’s asking opinions on what suspension to get out of the list he provided. He didn’t ask us for opinions on what’s wrong with the stock set up or if he should modify it.

endurokIng

Yes, well i'd rather equip my Rebel for the trails rather than destroy the truck & risk anything.

My budget is around $3,500 as I'd like to spend money on steering components, and camping and navigation systems.

endurokIng

Isn't BDS more of a "lift kit" then a suspension upgrade? I know its both but I'm definitely looking for the best articulation I can get.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Depends on the truck, and kit selected.

But BDS is the real deal. A 4" on a Super Duty will flex as well as Carli or anything else.

endurokIng

It's on a 2016 Rebel with 285/65/R18 Fuel's.

What's the best kit I could get...I don't see the option to add King shocks, just the Fox 2.0's

Oilbrnr

FWIW, I would trust Don Thuren (Chris Willett) or Carli for any RAM suspension upgrades. Call and see what they say. My gut feel is that options will be limited for the air system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh