Rear Seat Delete seatbelt warning system defeat....

Macfly

Do you guys know if there's any kind of easy to install plug that clips into the jack sockets to override or defeat the rear seat belt warning?

Got mine out and ready for my custom Fahart Systems storage system to go in, but want to get rid of the annoying warning before it gets buried.

Attachments

• AM Markup for Mods ACa1.jpg
    AM Markup for Mods ACa1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

montypower

Adventure Time!
Just remove the seat belt and keep it plugged in. Simple fix. We've had our seat out for a couple years that way.

sumnrfam

Just remove the seat belt and keep it plugged in. Simple fix. We've had our seat out for a couple years that way.

@Macfly ,, This,, ??,, Same with our 21 F-250 and 21 F150,, the minute we disconnected everything, your airbag/seatbelt malfunction comes on on the dash..

Removed the seat buckle portion that plugs into the cars wiring harness and plug it into the harness, store it under your stuff,, all good ?,,

A more complicated option is revising the BCM programming in ForScan (way above my pay grade, but there is a whole forum dedicated to it),, to delete the 'rear seat' programming.

There are other cool things ForScn can do like making your horn do 'Fart' noises,,,, Oh Wait,, that's Tesla ??

Macfly

@Macfly A more complicated option is revising the BCM programming in ForScan (way above my pay grade, but there is a whole forum dedicated to it),, to delete the 'rear seat' programming. There are other cool things ForScan can do like making your horn do 'Fart' noises,,,, Oh Wait,, that's Tesla ??

Ohhh, ForScan sounds cool, can it alter shift points and help embrace 37's and the extra 2k of the camper?

sumnrfam

Did that - it assumes you're keeping the belt receiver clips, my rear is completely empty, I just have the wires left.
@Macfly ,, our's were the same,, on the passenger side you have the single wire and the other half is on the small buckle arm (single torx bolt) you can remove from the 40% seat. On the 60% side, you end up with the entire center retractor/buckle mechanism (sounds complicated but way easier than it sounds) I just harvested those parts, and plugged the wiring harness plugs back in zip tied it all into a ball, tucked it into each corner,, and it cleared the alarms / lights.

As for the ForScan,, I have zero personal experience,, but from surfing the forscan forum, its pretty powerful , you are basically re-writing the factory control modules (programming) with different codes to address different configurations (tire TPMS pressure settings, correcting "tire size programming" to adjust / correct speedometer),, way too much to list... ;-)

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Ohhh, ForScan sounds cool, can it alter shift points and help embrace 37's and the extra 2k of the camper?

ForScan cannot write to the PCM to alter engine or transmission values. You will need a custom tuner to do that, ie 5-Star, JDM, etc…

**edit to add** You can use ForScan to change the tire size configuration in the BCM. It’s not as simple as clicking a button, so having someone with experience do it is advised.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuwarrior