Requisite, My 91' Burban

5th

Howdy folks.

The truck was kind of an impulse buy actually. I was on Kijiji looking for a squarebody 2wd....and you know how these things go...

So lemme tell you the story the PO told me when I came to pick it up.

So the trucks history. (as told to me) First owner picks it up at the dealership in late '91. Three or so months later it gets stolen and stuck into a barn with a dozen other Sub's/PU's/Jimmy's.
The guy running the chop shop gets busted a few years later. Makes a deal with the Crown, ...what you guys call the DA. Says he'll squeal like a pig for a reduced sentence.
Mid-late 90's, truck gets repossessed by the cops n' is part of an ongoing investigation. Early 2000's the truck comes up for sale. A guy that owns an auto body shop buys it from a police auction to use as a plow truck to clear his parking lot at the shop. 2010, the guy I bought it from...is dating the body shop owners daughter, buys it from him.
2011, that guy starts working on the other side of the country (oil fields). 2015, his mom says get that damn thing out of my yard. August 2015 I'm in Toronto for the day. Bought the truck....n' watched AC/DC. :punk03:

...a truck with a shadier past then mine? ....thats a deal closer...

So heres the pictures from the Ad.

I'll go grab another pint n' continue with the lil' things I've done over the past year in the next post.

received_497380273760640.jpeg
received_497380240427310.jpeg
received_497380247093976.jpeg
received_497396180425716.jpeg

5th

Ughh...

I gotta go join a picture hosting site. It won't let me upload any other pics for some reason. ....I'll be back.

received_497380193760648.jpeg

received_497380203760647.jpeg

The last two from the ad.

I'll go upload a bunch o' these n' start again tomorrow.

5th

Alright then,

So I get it back home.

DSC_0094.jpg

(My knowledge of computers consists of turning one on and off. I'll figure out how to resize pictures at a later date)

But those power mirrors have gotta go. They shake all to hell when I'm clipping down the road ...and I can't open the vent to use it as an ashtray.

Decided to paint the grill n' wheels while I was at it.

FB_IMG_1470781543013.jpg

So because RPO codes are non existent, it was time to put the coveralls on.

I wanted to pop the diff's for piece of mind, so I started counting teeth.

gears_1.jpg

4.11, run with a TH700 n' a NP 241.

So it gets better...

When I bought it last year the new motor had less then 1000k on it. Now I think its just a rebuild with some paint thrown on it, the guy that did the safety thinks its a crate motor with a bigger cam. How he comes up with that theory I dunno.

So about we get to some interior changes?

5th

So it came with no carpet in the back. Just a rubber mat that had seen better days.

DSC01099.jpg

Lets do up some doors like Northman...weld in some floor anchors...

DSC01204.jpg

Floor...

DSC01205.jpg

Added sockets/USB ports on both sides of the new seat aswell to keep the kids happy.

DSC01207.jpg

Radio/tape player didn't work so I grabbed the cheapest stuff I could find on Amazon.

DSC01176.jpg

So 2x400w in the back, 2x120w to replace the front, and some radio from China that only takes USB/SD cards/and has a line in. $100 roughly for it all.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Now thats a `Burb´with a history behind it. Good :Wow1:looking truck with lots of possibilities. Welcome to the site and thanks for posting pics. I am looking forward to see what you do with your fine rig. Cheers, Chilli..:)

5th

elp, chilli, good to see ya's. I've seen your rig/sleeper on a few of the Chevy sites Chilli, very impressive.

I was hoping to have pics of the finished storage platform/sleeping arrangements. ...then decided to go back to the drawing board with it. It's been in design for over a year now...'nother few days/weeks won't hurt. It's pretty damn hard to commit to something, every time I come on here I end up redesigning the whole thing.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
A good design is the way to go. Take your time and find out just what you need. Remember that you can always change it later. Building a rig sometimes goes through manty pototypes... Cheers, Chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1