Scepter Jerry Can dealer in BC

slooowr6

Explorer
hoser said:
slooowr6, clear your PM box. I'd be interested in one diesel 20L can and a spout.
Done cleaning.
I'm not sure if Ireland can do mix and match. If it's not too much trouble for him then no problem on my side.

hovenator

Explorer
I would be interested in 3 scepter gas cans if he can ship to Florida. Anyone else in Florida want to get in on this so we can make it worth his while? Let me know Ireland. Thanks.

cruisertoy

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
Let me know asap, after Jan 1st, it'll be illegal to ship this into US from Canada.
Alex
I've asked several times about the import/shipping issue and have never come up with a "for sure" answer. I've got a guy that has a ton of used cans in Ontario that I'm trying to put an order together with. Right now I've told him 20, but may bump that up closer to 40 if I can get him to give me a shipping quote. I'm aiming for shipment before the first, but need to know if I put them on a pallet, if my driver is going to have issues getting them accross the border.

Could someone post a link to the Bill or law that was passed? I've read a lot about the Child safety law and not being able to sell non tamper resistant cans after Jan 1st, but could not find anything about a private shipment being brought in across the border.

Last edited:

slooowr6

Explorer
cruisertoy said:
I've asked several times about the import/shipping issue and have never come up with a "for sure" answer. I've got a guy that has a ton of used cans in Ontario that I'm trying to put an order together with. Right now I've told him 20, but may bump that up closer to 40 if I can get him to give me a shipping quote. I'm aiming for shipment before the first, but need to know if I put them on a pallet, if my driver is going to have issues getting them accross the border.

Could someone post a link to the Bill or law that was passed? I've read a lot about the Child safety law and not being able to sell non tamper resistant cans after Jan 1st, but could not find anything about a private shipment being brought in across the border.

I don't have first hand info. This is what Ireland told me and he got the info from DSTactical.

cruisertoy

Explorer
So if I am going to have problems with the mother load shipment of used cans getting accross the border, did I miss the connection with whoever was going to DStactical this week?

Ireland

Adventurer
I will get a price on shipping soon, likely when I get all the orders in for cans.
Scepter apparently got in touch with DS tactical and warned him not to send cans down south anymore or risk up to a $100,000 fine.
Apparently there is the same risk of a fine for me after the new year begins but I'm not sure who will check on private people shipping.
Just thinking I will be away for the holidays and back on the 30th so if I can have all the orders in by then, I will do all the shipping the same day.

Oh and shipping packs of 5 cans is easiest as they're already packed that way.

cruisertoy

Explorer
Does the packaging on the 5 packs fully cover the cans or are the 5 cans just banded together? If scepter is warning of $100k fine, it sounds like my trying to get a frieght truck with a pallet load across the border might be more difficult than I had planned. If I can't get anything put together on my own shipment I would love to get in on 5 cans. I'll pm you.

kmullen

Ireland

I would like to get in on this if it's not too late. I would like 2 Tan 20l gas cans but I am open to other colors. Let me know thanks !
Kevin
ps my zip code is 92677

saburai

Explorer
BQ Septer cans

kmullen said:
Ireland

I would like to get in on this if it's not too late. I would like 2 Tan 20l gas cans but I am open to other colors. Let me know thanks !
Kevin
ps my zip code is 92677

I would like the same if at all possible. Gas spouts also. Zip 11789

On another note, I just got off the phone with BQ. They will sell the water cans to me here in the good ol US of A. They will not sell the gas spouts.
According to the BQ rep, the cans are identical except for the "Gas" or "Water" markings. So my thinking is that it might be a heck of a lot easier to just source the spouts from a friend in Canada an use water marked cans for what ever you might want to put in them.

Just make sure you don't drink the gas...

teotwaki

Excelsior!
saburai said:

On another note, I just got off the phone with BQ. They will sell the water cans to me here in the good ol US of A. They will not sell the gas spouts.
According to the BQ rep, the cans are identical except for the "Gas" or "Water" markings. So my thinking is that it might be a heck of a lot easier to just source the spouts from a friend in Canada an use water marked cans for what ever you might want to put in them.

The water cans for fuel use may not be a great idea. The fuel can lids have a gasket, internal air flow channel and different threads on the lid so the pour spouts won't work on water cans. The water cans have a small pour opening as well as an air vent on the lid. IMO they will leak fuel like crazy.

Last edited:

cruisertoy

Explorer
saburai said:

I did a bunch of research on the use of water cans as fuel cans. The Water cans are slightly thinner walled and like has been mentioned are missing the sealing surface and the vent tube. It is probably doable with some PE plastic welding , but may not be worth it.

saburai

Explorer
cruisertoy said:
I did a bunch of research on the use of water cans as fuel cans. The Water cans are slightly thinner walled and like has been mentioned are missing the sealing surface and the vent tube. It is probably doable with some PE plastic welding , but may not be worth it.

Dammnit!

Man I NEED some of those Septer cans!!

Many Thanks

Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1