Shortbusadventure's Tiger Motorhome build

Joe's Toy

Observer
I have to say. I've never been a big fan of GMC/Chevy but seeing the size if this truck + camper combo makes me really appreciate a good looking diesel.

Will the camper slow this truck down?

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Late, but better than never!

We have been driving cross country without an opportunity to get on the net much. We love the new Tiger!

Some of it's looks, including the fender flares are not my favorite, but the utility of the rig fits us perfectly. The front and side view I like, the rear and 3/4 rear are a bit odd. the rear of the camper has some old school lines that don't match the look of the modern truck and the fiberglass top.

While we would prefer single rear wheels, I am really happy the duals are back there. We drove through some fierce wind and was unbelievably stable. We are stopped at every gas station and asked questions. Last night the Border Patrol Check point officer held me up to learn more about the rig. The wife was asleep so I didn't mind.

Here are a few pics of the outside. I will take some pics of the interior as soon as I get the chance. Today we stopped by Aluminess in Santee, CA.
They are going to build us a custom tire carrier for the back. Tomorrow we head to San Bernadino, CA to have Aerotanks install a 63 gallon replacement fuel tank.

Below there is also a pic of Cadillac Ranch Texas, and entering Arizona in the morning.
-Kevin
IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

suntinez

Explorer
Thanks for checking in, was wondering how the maiden voyage was going! It looks absolutely fantastic :wings:

hardware

YES ! that is awesome ! :wings:

can i just call up provan and say give the shortbus tiger ?

did you originally want the dually or what is just the availability of that vehicle as to why you chose it ?

i love it. i love it !
:sombrero:

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
YES ! that is awesome ! :wings:

can i just call up provan and say give the shortbus tiger ?

did you originally want the dually or what is just the availability of that vehicle as to why you chose it ?

i love it. i love it !
:sombrero:

The owner of Provan took notes of our suspension, as he liked how it drove.
We requested a new locking latch for the cabinets, and they might make them standard or an upgrade. I guess there could be a "Shortbus" option.

As far as the dually. We wanted the stability and potential towing/hauling. We are so happy we got the dually, driving it in the wind is really stable.
I would prefer single rear wheels for both offroad and around town. We might change out to super singles down the road if we see the need.

-SB

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Turned out real nice...
Since you are not thrilled about the rear flares, can you change them out for another style, maybe something like bushwacker or ??

hardware

i cannot wait to see the inside.

and see some action pics.

shortbus are you planning on doing serious off the road exploration ?

do i see what looks like solar panels on the roof ?

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
10k +lbs as we had a class V HD hitch installed. It's rated for 16k lbs.

Wow very impressive. That's one of the highest tow ratings i've seen on the portal. I even started a seperate thread about it.

So i imagine that becuase you provided the truck, the cost of the conversion must have been significantly reduced? Is that how it works?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1