single propane tank mounts

wandererr

Adventurer
How do y'all secure the single propane tank mounts? I want to go away from ratchet straps

KsyDQYE.jpg

Redeth005

Adventurer
SUBSCRIBED! I need to figure out a way to mount 1 20lb propane tank to my trailer too! everything on the market is for smaller tanks or double full sized trailers. Debating on making one for myself.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Try searching your local antique shops for a old style metal milk crate. They work great especially if you can find the smaller size, it just fits a 20 lb cyl. I suppose you could even use a good plastic one if you checked it periodically for cracks or sun damage

wagex

Adventurer
i made my own out of some scrap metal at work here it is if u want an idea. i just used a ratchet strap across the two loops around the tank, i also have a chain with a masterlock that loops through the top of the tank which serves two purposes, 1 if some how it vibrates out of the strap still going nowhere 2 theft
propane3.jpgpropane2.jpg

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
I bought this set of heavy-duty straps for a trailer project and ended up not needing them. I was going to mount a tank on the tongue. Build your own upright piece to hold them and you'd be all set.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HWOMRO/

If somebody is interested make me an offer, I'd love to get them out of my garage.

XJINTX

Explorer
This is the setup I used on my trailer before I made a compartment. Hope you can see it just bolted to an upright I welded onto the tongue. If you were close you could have this for a 12 pack ;)

Attachments

• 20170614_133016.jpg
    20170614_133016.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170614_133024.jpg
    20170614_133024.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 17

wandererr

Adventurer
This is the setup I used on my trailer before I made a compartment. Hope you can see it just bolted to an upright I welded onto the tongue. If you were close you could have this for a 12 pack ;)

swing by - I'll buy you a 24 pack :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have a general idea as to how I want to go now! I'll update with pics once I get something done ;)

Flat_Ernie

Observer
Try searching your local antique shops for a old style metal milk crate. They work great especially if you can find the smaller size, it just fits a 20 lb cyl. I suppose you could even use a good plastic one if you checked it periodically for cracks or sun damage

Yep...perfectly.

ripperj

Explorer
I looking too, I need a nice external 20# mount for my Alaskan, most of the ones I see are pretty cheesy( like the one from etrailer)
I'd pay good money for an aluminum one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1