Siphons for water and fuel cans

Bobmog

Observer
I know some of you are using siphons for fuel and water transfer from your fuel or water cans instead of spouts. What siphons are recommended? I have seen the "super siphon" which appears to have mixed reveiws. I want to get one siphon for water and one for fuel. Thanks in advance for any info. or recommendations.
Bob

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I use a Super Syphon for my water system, to run water to my "kitchen" and also with a spray head on it for showers. I bought the syphon and the extension line from Expedition Exchange.

I also carry a Super Syphon for fuel.

soonenough

Explorer
I have a SuperSiphon, and I'm not sure why anyone would give them a bad review; mine works great. They do exactly what they say they'll do, and for the price they're hard to beat.

mikelite80

Adventurer
Same here. One for water, one for fuel. It's also a standard tubing size so you can get valves and tubing at the hardware store.

Mike

VanGo

Explorer
I use the super siphon and extension for fuel, and a kerosone siphon ($5) assigned, and purposed, solely for water per Tom Sheppards recommendation from the VDEG.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I use the super siphon and extension for fuel, and a kerosone siphon ($5) assigned, and purposed, solely for water per Tom Sheppards recommendation from the VDEG.

What is different about the kerosene siphon?

Thanks!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Super Siphon for fuel. Haven't had any issues for the last 2 outings since I got it.

Only $6.99 at your local Bass Pro Shop:smiley_drive:

frgtwn

Adventurer
Brass Pro sells what they call a "Safety Siphon." Packaged similarly to the Super Siphon, but clearly not the same unit.

No experience, just "for informational purposes only."

Dale

PGW

Observer
On a somewhat related note, has anybody tried plumbing an in-line fuel filter on a siphon or would that be too restrictive? It certainly would reduce contamination though.

sasaholic

Adventurer
On a somewhat related note, has anybody tried plumbing an in-line fuel filter on a siphon or would that be too restrictive? It certainly would reduce contamination though.

pretty sure it would stop the flow, but not positive. why is your fuel contaminated to begin with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1