sliding doors

aljenau

Hi all, just wondering why caravans and motorhomes don't have sliding doors on the cupboards inside.
Is there a reason for this?
Seems like it would make sense - no cupboard doors opening into the walkspace, easy to lock etc etc.
Thanks
Alan

See you in the bush!

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
I have often wondered this myself, i am aware some do have sliding doors but that is on oddly shaped cupboards such as on corners.

quickfarms

Adventurer
Style and what the designers decide.

Sliding doors can be made to work but they can also be tricky and do not like it if the cabinet twists.

65 scout

I'm guessing it has something to do with contents of the cabinet shifting and wedging against the door preventing it from sliding vs a swing out door which will still open allowing said contents to fall out and land on ones foot. Just guessing though

Clutch

<---Pass
VW California has a combination of both.

vw_ca_int_05.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!roFI)1PjGo)BSOW5PM8eg~~60_12.JPG

98dango

Expedition Leader
Sliding doors often get in the way of over size tiers. I had chevy 2wd camper van with a sliding door it was always full of mud and didn't open most of the time Un less I could get it perfectly level.

maglight

I like the fabric with zippers like they use on the conquer Australia campers. Solves the problem of shifting contents jamming it and swinging doors into the main area. It should help save a tiny amount of weight too. I think the big reason they use doors on the cabinets still is to keep it feeling like home while you're in the camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design