Sold: 2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE - rear locker & winch

Ties

After many weekend adventures in the PNW, it is time to put my Land Rover LR3 up for sale to make space for a new camping rig. I bought this 2008 LR3 at a dealer here in Seattle in September of 2020. It currently has ~152k miles on it and I have done a heap of maintenance and several upgrades to the vehicle.

Mileage: 152,000 miles
Asking price: $10,800 OBO

Full album of pictures: Google Drive Album

20220409_112833.jpg

Upgrades:
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3W (275/65R18) tires on 18-inch Terra Firma steel wheels. The tires have about 6k miles on them and are in great shape. (still have original 19-inch wheels as well). The car has a slight (~1.5inch software lift through the GAP tool).
  • Steel CFE bumper + Baja designs fog light replacements + washer bottle relocation kit. (still have the original bumper as well)
  • Warn VR EVO 10s winch
  • Rear-ladder (clamp style, no holes drilled)
  • I have a big Terrafirm skid plate and sump guard for it as well, although I never got around to installing it. It is brand new with all the hardware but needs installing.
  • I have built an aluminum bed platform that stores in the back, which comes with the car (if desired).
  • The car has a Carfax service history from before I bought it. And I’ve had a lot of (preventative) maintenance done to it in the past 5k miles:
    • Inner tie rods + control arm bushings replaced
    • Full differential service, brake fluid flush, transfer case service
    • New upper-tailgate struts
    • Negative battery lead replaced
    • Outer tie rod ends replaced + alignment + wheels balanced with road force
    • Full front brake replacement
    • Transfer case fluids changed
    • Upper control arms replaced
The great:
  • Drivetrain is solid and well-maintained. The engine, transmission, and transfer case all work perfectly.
  • Has the HD package and the rear-locker is fully functional. Low range and multi-terrain modes features all work great and are very capable.
  • The air-suspension is in great shape, I replaced the 2 front struts 5k miles ago and all works perfectly. The entire air system holds air for weeks, so no leaks.
  • No warning or errors lights on the dashboard. The car comes with an IID Gap tool (Bluetooth) that is vin-locked to the car.
  • Interior is primarily functional, Airco and seat heating work front and back. Comes with the HSE trim including the console cooler box and a surprisingly good sound system. Comes with the 3rd row, although I have never used it.
The not so great:
  • Since installing the bigger wheels and tires the car has an intermittent steering wheel wobble/vibration at highway speeds. The car is stable and I've driven it like that without issues, but it is definitely noticeable. An alignment + tire balancing did not solve it, but replacing the upper control arms eliminated the issue for a while, after which it came back. I am not a mechanic, but I assume some part of the steering system is worn out. The DSC also occasionally triggers when steeply cornering at ~30 miles per hour, which I assume is because of the same reason (and a known issue with bigger tires on an LR3).
  • The interior is worn at places and the 2nd-row seat behind the driver has a jammed (non-functional) seatbelt. The blinker indicator sound/speaker does not work. The aux port did not work but I hard-wired a Bluetooth receiver into it which does work.
  • The exterior of the car has a fair bit of pinstripes, and the upper left back corner has a cosmetic dent (already there when I bought it). The windshield has a crack on the passenger side, which is repaired and stable and not visible while driving.
I think that covers everything, let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

NorthwestDriver

Nice looking LR3. Really great mods. Only a matter of time until the general 4x4 public realizes how special the LR3 with the 4.4L V8 is.

FYI —This looks like it is also has the “Luxury” package which had upgraded interior trim and seating leather. The standard HSE and SE have perforated leather seats.

From the looks of those photos we used to be neighbors.

Good luck with sale.

Ties

Nice looking LR3. Really great mods. Only a matter of time until the general 4x4 public realizes how special the LR3 with the 4.4L V8 is.

FYI —This looks like it is also has the “Luxury” package which had upgraded interior trim and seating leather. The standard HSE and SE have perforated leather seats.

From the looks of those photos we used to be neighbors.

Good luck with sale.

Thanks! Totally agreed, the LR3 is a great platform, I am putting it up for sale with a heavy heart.

Good call on the Luxury package, I always wondered why the seats looked slightly different, this explains it.

gabrielef

Your DSC could just mean you need to recalibrate the height sensors. This worked for me. GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ties

Your DSC could just mean you need to recalibrate the height sensors. This worked for me. GLWS!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip! I did it once after I replaced the air struts using the IID tool but that is a while ago and I did get some other parts replaced since then, so that could very well resolve it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1