***SOLD*** FS: GSI OUTDOORS Vortex 2-SPEED Hand Crank Blender

Alaska2Baja

$75 + shipping
Used on just one camping trip before we put solar power in our van and now we use our home blender. In perfect condition.
No batteries required. $75 + shipping to your door or pick up locally in Los Angeles area.

Blend up tasty margaritas, healthy smoothies, protein shakes, sauces, pancake batter and more without the need for an outlet. This compact nesting hand crank blender goes anywhere...

Powerful, two speed gear system crushes ice or works as a food processor

Durable 1.5 L pitcher and shot cap are made of tough BPA Free resin

Exclusive pour-through locking lid design prevents spillage

Wide base and C-clamp secure the blender to most tables for ease of use
Original Box, Packaging and Instructions included.

Perfect for boondocking, vanlife, camping and remote locations without power.
Could also be used in an emergency power outage situation when you really need a blended margarita.

Here is a link to full product description:
https://gsioutdoors.com/vortex-blender.html

Attachments

• IMG_8315.jpg
    IMG_8315.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_8310.jpg
    IMG_8310.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8311.jpg
    IMG_8311.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8313.jpg
    IMG_8313.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 109

fredeharley8

I owned the previous model for about 6 years before the internals inside the lower portion began to break down (read: loud screeching noise every time I used it). I use the blender almost daily to make a frozen banana smoothie shake. I've also used it to blend soups inside a cooking pot. Overall, a very useful tool and highly recommend this. However, I do want to point out one major flaw: the power trigger. The former model I owned was a simple on/off switch while this one has a high/low switch. It’s a feature I find much more useful, especially when blending a hot soup.

The immediate high speed on the former model would cause a lot of splashes. The two-speed switch eliminates this issue. But unlike the previous model which had an excellent tactile feel and you could effortlessly keep pressed for minutes, this one is very difficult to press and keep pressing. That's the flaw. Now keep in mind that I'm young and have very good grip strength from sports and lifting weights. Despite this, I find that keeping the switch pressed and continuously running is a challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal