SOLD:Phoenix, AZ: Alucab Expedition III Roof Top Tent (SOLD) & Alu-cab Awning (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly money talks and **************** post

OK Aholes.

Fact seller can sell at any price and buyers can make there own decisions on a fair price. Solid individuals can agree to disagree but name calling is high school BS.

I offered my opinion of FMV for a three year old very well used tent and sundamaged awning. Fact 2 Alucab tents at less than 1 year old were listed at $3K right here in the EP classifieds within a week or so of the listing in question. IMHO a 3 year old unit should be priced considerably less than those two tents based on the going rate. See email below.

Oct 23, 2019, at 1:08 PM
Jeff,

Thank you for showing the tent last night.

We are interested if we can work on price. I have placed an order for a bush company Alpha 1 with delivery expected at the first of the year.

As I am sure you are aware this is a very competitive model to the Gen 3 and has some other positive features the Alucab does not.

Price on these units is now coming down as more get into the market place and a favorable exchange rate on new units. $3600 for the tent and $1450 for the awning NEW with warranty. Prices will drop in the future more as competition increases and costs are lowered.

Also as you know the is another one list on the portal for the same price as yours, about the same distance away in OKC, and is newer and supposedly only used once. Why someone one would only use a $4000 tent once is a mystery to me but that is the deal when I got my Tepui about a month ago (divorce).

Which a short way of saying your price is steep for me at this time for a nearly 3 year old used unit. I dont want to pay new prices for a used unit and can wait a few more months. However if you are you willing to lower your price I am a cash buyer now, if so lets lets talk further.

thanks

JEFF Replied with the following;

Hi Larry,

Thanks but I don’t think you have all the facts right.

https://ok4wd.com/awning-mount-kit-for-exp-iii $119 retail
https://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-shadow-awn $1499 retail
https://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-expedition-tent $4100 retail shipped + tax

Plus this comes with a free $200+ solar panel.
Let me know if you’d like to see it in person again. It is a deal as it currently stands, but I can do $3900 cash if you want to pick up the tent and awning. GF asked about the bedding also, it is not included, but you can have it if you want it.

Best,
Jeff

MY REPLY

No offense Jeff but got my facts correct

Per Bush CO USA distributor
" Alpha tent is $3650 and 270 xt is $1450 " new with warranty no shipping costs but yes taxes

I'd give a slight edge to the Bush tent with same build quality better rain fly and rack mounting options, negatives are outside struts and top shell insulation and pockets are better on the Alucab

Currently advertised on Expedition Portal

"Alu Cab Expedition 3
It's black in color had it for about a year mounted to an Alu Cab canopy on my Tacoma Alu Cab 270* awning driver side mounted to the tent. Tents in perfect condition has only been used 1 night.

Tent only $3,000 with awning $4,000. I prefer to keep the awning I will not sell it separate of the tent but will include it with the tent if that's what it takes to get it sold.

I'm located in Oklahoma City, OK and would travel a reasonable distance if needed."

I am in San Antonio so meet in Dallas only a few hours drive

So I think a fair price would be $2800 why

A new equivalent tent is only $650 more than your asking and comes with a warranty no brainier there

A newer model and less used tent and awning is the same price without me even having put in any negotiating effort plus it's Black I'll have to paint yours to match my paint colors it's closer to pick up saving a lot in gas money and paint

I don't care about solar will probably remove and as you say it's worth about $100 new it's got no monetary value now.

So as you see I have my facts correct but in the end it's used and it has depreciated over 3 years but I'd prefer to do business with a fellow Phoenician who fully understands depreciation and the value of a cash buyer.

Your thoughts?????

JEFF Reply

Hi Larry,

Sounds like you’re sold on the Alpha Tent. However, you are comparing different products. The Alucab is not a $3600 tent new. I’m not in a rush, let me know what you want to do but I’m currently offering my best. I’ve owned or slept in over a dozen RTTs (at retail prices from $1000-$5500), and this is near, if not the, best design currently on the market. Rain is not an issue for the South African fabric and design.

Best of luck with your search, it sounds like my RTT is not the best fit for you.

Jeff

Approx 2 weeks later

I replied.

Checking in. I see your latest post indicates you may be more willing to deal. Where are you at today on price.

Regards Larry

Hi Larry,

I believe my last offer, for the package, to you was $3900 for everything. I am open to any reasonable offers you have. I have forgotten if you were looking for both awning and tent, or just the tent?

Larry wrote:
Jeff,
I'll raise my offer by $500 to $3300.

Jeff wrote:
If you want the whole package, I’m not interested unless you add another $500.

Summary to this point.
This was point at which agreeable minds could fairly negotiate. After this point the chicken ******** actions started. I'll post rest of the story in another reply.

Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
From an observer who doesnt know either of you. Looks like you were trying to get a lower price and he said no multiple times. You then tried to throw "facts" at it to justify why you were right. He didn't agree and no deal was made. He seemed very respectful and politely declined your offers.

Am I missing something? If you posted this to help explain you had a deal, then it doesn't show that

From an observer who doesnt know either of you. Looks like you were trying to get a lower price and he said no multiple times. You then tried to throw "facts" at it to justify why you were right. He didn't agree and no deal was made. He seemed very respectful and politely declined your offers.

Am I missing something? If you posted this to help explain you had a deal, then it doesn't show that
Yes

Read the posts carefully. 1 I never said we had a deal. 2 I never said I offered 3500, I said I was willing to offer 3500 . 3 seller said he was going to post copies of our communication. So far he has failed to do so so I have to demonstrate I am of good character despite his statements to the contrary.

Yes there is more to come so you are missing facts at this point.

Sorry for the directness but my good character has been assassinated and I deserve a chance to defend it. More to follow at a later time.
I said I wasn't done posting . In the next posts I will share more info.

Regards

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

I did not attack you or quote you. duh! My post was general but feel free to include yourself and jump to the top of the list. The bottom line its over and you did get your way because you were a..... LOL

FWIW - I have purchased several items from the seller and all transactions and communication have been professional, seamless, and would not hesitate doing business with him in the future.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I am the buyer of the RTT. I saw the post, made an offer, we batted it back and forth and came to an agreement. It was simple and quick. I drove down to Phoenix, paid Jeff, then we loaded the RTT on my 4Runner and I headed north. It was fortunate that Copper State Cruisers were holding a meeting there and were very helpful in the move and securing it down. My ONLY complaint was the Friday evening traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I am the buyer of the RTT. I saw the post, made an offer, we batted it back and forth and came to an agreement. It was simple and quick. I drove down to Phoenix, paid Jeff, then we loaded the RTT on my 4Runner and I headed north. It was fortunate that Copper State Cruisers were holding a meeting there and were very helpful in the move and securing it down. My ONLY complaint was the Friday evening traffic.

Let us see some pics of it mounted. Will Kenda sleep with you in the RTT?

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Let us see some pics of it mounted. Will Kendra sleep with you in the RTT?

Only pic is when temp mounted on the way home. I hope to be able to teach Kenda to climb the ladder. I didn’t try with the OEM ladder but I’ve got the collapseable one like yours on order. She was able to climb the four foot ladder I had when I had a RTT on my trailer.
afd1da7b1865df2e01e87f1aa5e01f74.jpg
bdd39db26d36b6393c06b863cb9431c7.jpg

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Only pic is when temp mounted on the way home. I hope to be able to teach Kenda to climb the ladder. I didn’t try with the OEM ladder but I’ve got the collapseable one like yours on order. She was able to climb the four foot ladder I had when I had a RTT on my trailer.
afd1da7b1865df2e01e87f1aa5e01f74.jpg
bdd39db26d36b6393c06b863cb9431c7.jpg

Looks great and should be a must better set up for you and Kenda. Any thoughts on mounting to the roof and removing the rack?

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Looks great and should be a must better set up for you and Kenda. Any thoughts on mounting to the roof and removing the rack?

I’ve debated about that but there are too many times I’ll need the rack but not the RTT. So I’ve already cut off the top of the rack leaving only the flat portion. It’s not as strong this way but I believe it will be fine. If I see it sagging I’ll reinforce it as needed

I do like how yours fit the top and is much more aerodynamic. But if it was mine I’d go ahead and cut the hole in the roof. Maybe.

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com

Larry (EXPObolsado),

You edited the email chain, cherry picked the ones you wanted, and skipped several communications between us. I gave you an out, please take it.

I did not attack you or quote you. duh! My post was general but feel free to include yourself and jump to the top of the list. The bottom line its over and you did get your way because you were a..... LOL

FWIW - I have purchased several items from the seller and all transactions and communication have been professional, seamless, and would not hesitate doing business with him in the future.

Yes you clarify articulated "BS" so yes you both piled on and added an insult without knowing the facts. I have lived in Scottsdale myself so if you wish to continue to do business with your buddy that's fine. This posting is to inform others whom may unknowingly do business with the OP. I would not have posted if this was just about me. But clearly the OP at best mislead another EP member in addition to myself. As I will show he did so using the same logical argument he did when he insulted me.

Again the OP had a number of days to post any defamatory inappropriate statements I made to him in our communication. I concurred he could do that. To date he has not done so because no such thing occurred. And yes I am going to complete the story here in public. If it shows I was rude and abusive then it will be for all here to see and make an independent judgement. If not the can come to their own independent judgement about the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1