Soon to be Cruisin'

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Make sure they have service records in hand. The motors in the 100 series Cruisers are great if all maintenance is kept up. The are easy on oil if changed regularly, and the cooling system is better than the 80 series. Major thing to check in in the service records is that the timing belt was done at 90k. Will be due again at 180k. If it hasn't been done or they cannot document it, leverage hard with that one. Its an expensive (but necessary) preventative maintenance item on the 100 series. Also, I think the 2001 vintage requires premium (I know our 2000 does). I think the 2002 and newer can take lesser grades, but don't quote me on that.

I use mid grade in mine. No issues @144K

spd33

Observer
the dealer couldn't get the front end balanced so i get 4 FREE new tires.:victory: lookin' good on this one

If you get to choose your new tires, go with 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. That should cost them less than OE Michelin's and be an upgrade for you.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
How can you remove orange from lights on the land cruiser?
heard it was a very inexpensive mod

Last edited:

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society

You can order clear corners from Depo for around 185 IIRC.

I bought some for 5$ off ebay and they are yellow and cracked from branches and extremely scratched up. I don't recommend ebay.

LJ_24

Adventurer

Bought some $30 dollar clear corners on ebay, I'll look up the sellers name! Seal them with clear RTVF silicone and they will not yellow!

Here is where I got mine! Sealed with RTVF...and yes they are depo!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

After over a year of use they are still clear!
IMG_1676.jpg

For the rear, add some red tint over the ugly orange turn signal! Cost about $7 on ebay! Matches perfectly!

Comparison of RH and LH brake lights
IMG_1740.jpg

Now all finished up! Throw in some LED turn signals and your signals will be brighter than ever!
IMG_17491.jpg

And to answer your question about the sombrero, just get that cool TEQ emblem that they are selling on the ih8mud forums! I think its $40!

Best mods you can do for under $100 to update the look!

Laxaholic

Adventurer
do you have the link to the emblem? whats it look like?

another question. will mods hurt my mileage as bad as the did on my wrangler?
bumper, a bit more aggressive tires, roof rack, etc?
has anyone done exhaust on a 100? duals?

Last edited:

LJ_24

Adventurer
Leo, I'm going to buy those CC's and RTV them. Where did you seal them up at?

Nick, I will snap a picture of where I sealed them! In the meantime, I will try to explain haha

I sealed them where on the inside where the two plastic surfaces meet! When I ordered a set the first time around, the moisture came in through there! The clear casing and black frame are sealed tight, its the back of the housing which has an issue! Just order them up and I will send you a pic within the next day or so! Much happier with the second sealed set!

-LJ

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Nick, I will snap a picture of where I sealed them! In the meantime, I will try to explain haha

I sealed them where on the inside where the two plastic surfaces meet! When I ordered a set the first time around, the moisture came in through there! The clear casing and black frame are sealed tight, its the back of the housing which has an issue! Just order them up and I will send you a pic within the next day or so! Much happier with the second sealed set!

-LJ

Yea, the urine yellow is getting old. Do you still have your OEM ones? text me if you do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1