Springs and shocks

Patrol65

I have a 2007 JKU Rubicon with 3.5 inch Rubicon express lift on it. The lift came with shocks and springs and has been on it for about 12 yrs. I off road a few times a year, nothing crazy. Plan is to install a my Dometic 45 fridge in the back with a storage unit. I might be adding a roof rack later on. I am looking for springs and shocks that are geared for more weight. Of course I still want a good on road and off road ride. Any suggestions

NatersXJ6

Explorer
If you aren’t sagging, don’t change anything. If you are only occasionally sagging, it is hard to beat adding airbags to your existing rear springs. About $100 and extremely variable. I’ve been running them for at least 6 years very happily.

billiebob

I have a 2007 JKU Rubicon with 3.5 inch Rubicon express lift on it. The lift came with shocks and springs and has been on it for about 12 yrs. I off road a few times a year, nothing crazy. Plan is to install a my Dometic 45 fridge in the back with a storage unit. I might be adding a roof rack later on. I am looking for springs and shocks that are geared for more weight. Of course I still want a good on road and off road ride. Any suggestions
Firestone airbags are the best, cheapest, most adaptable option.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Several companies offer springs with a stiffer rate for overloaded Jeeps. AEV has a line as well as Teraflex. I'm running old man Emu's on mine and I've been real happy. They offer three different weight ratings in the height I'm at which is 2.25". I'm not sure if they do that for the taller springs or not but it might be worth checking out if you want to stay that tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1