Starlink Mini Portable Dish With Integrated Wi-Fi Router

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Thx mucho for posting this.

It’s really good news because this should be a game changer for many of us.

The linked article was quoting prices in Australian $, but converted to USD, it looks like the dish will cost about $210 and the monthly subscription about $45-50!

Ninelitetrip

Data Sheet

Antenna Field of View Orientation Weight
Environmental Rating Operating Temperature Wind Speed
Snow Melt Capability Power Consumption Input Rating
USB PD Requirement
Electronic Phased Array
110°
Software Assisted Manual Orienting
1.10 kg (2.43 lb)
1.16 kg (2.56 lb) with Kickstand
1.53 kg (3.37 lb) with Kickstand & 15 m Cable
IP67 Type 4
-30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F) Operational: 96 kph+ (60 mph+) Up to 25mm / hour (1 in / hour) Average 25W, Snow Melt 60W 12-48V 60W
USB PD 100W+ (with Starlink USB-C to Barrel Jack Cable Accessory)

Wi-Fi Technology Generation Radio
Ethernet Ports Coverage Security
Power Indicator Mesh Compatibility Devices
802.11a/b/g/n/ac
WiFi 5
Dual Band 3 x 3 MU-MIMO
One (1) Latching Ethernet LAN port with Starlink Plug
Up to 112 m2 (1,200 ft2)
WPA2
LED | rear face plate, lower left corner
Compatible with all Starlink mesh systems *Not compatible with 3rd party mesh systems Connect up to 128 devices

driveby

This spec is huge!
Average 25W, Snow Melt 60W 12-48V 60W
USB PD 100W+ (with Starlink USB-C to Barrel Jack Cable Accessory)

no more 48v to 12v BS to manage around.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Wow! The costs you’ve been quoted are way different than the costs referred to in the X.com article linked above.

⬆️ Why the heck is the US price so much higher than the Australia price? That doesn’t make sense at all!

IMG_5130.jpeg

Last edited:

driveby

Starlink prices vary wildly. I was just in Borneo and one our guides had his house via Starlink. His cost was around $50 USD per month. So it's about pure ability to pay and competitive market. I don't have a problem with that.

Ninelitetrip

Starlink certainly seems to price by market location and availability of bandwidth in that market.

Currently offering $200 off the kit price in certain low subscription markets in the US.

My use case is out of cellular coverage, basic email and texting, feed my maps on the tablet, etc. I don't need to zoom, or upload mega files for social media.

I would like to have in movement use, little higher data plan than 50GB, and ability to be in Canada for say a month or so.

Hopefully after this initial start they change this up a bit. Not interested in having a residential account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal