steel wheel opinons

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
There is always the good ole Soft 8 from Cragar (and about 5 other names). All made in the USA by Allied Wheel I am told.

a9175a84.jpg

They come in 16" as well with whatever backspacing you want. They are powder coated black or charcoal, so you could always have them done in any color you like? LOVE the cream coloured ones on that Expo JK.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Jeep winter steelies- I have since gotten black lug nuts and painted the front hub which looks much better

Attachments

• snorkle tire carrier 37s.JPG
    snorkle tire carrier 37s.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 52

JPK

Explorer
I just ordered my JKU and also like the winter wheel look. The thing I don't like is they really need a spacer but I'm a little worried about safety doing that. I would also like to stay with alloy to help keep the weight down and MPG up.

I'm thinking about using the AEV Savegre wheels and painting them white to match the Jeep. Here's a thread of someone who started with the winter wheels, made the swap to AEV and painted them tan to match. I think they will look on a white rig as well.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ok-its-official-im-back-sahara-tan-sahara-build-1170305/

Page 8 is the first shot with the tan mounted wheels. AEV seems to have done a good job designing the wheel for the Jeep and I think it looks great and everything I've read leads me to believe it performs great as well.

Of course if you do the same thing I was planning then I can see if it really does look good before I layout any cash. :)

Those tan Savegres do look Great. Might have to think of white ones for my white JKU too...

JPK

Free Beer

Brocephus
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/

Can't beat the recentered H1 double beadlock rim. You only need four, you can swap a tire on the trail, pop a tire off and sew/patch it on the trail. Plus you can get good 37" tires for $100 each! I was able to get 4 rims, inserts, and 5 tires for less than it was going to cost for 35" tires for my old 16" rims.
Jeepin007.jpg

JPK

Explorer
Trail Worthy will recenter the Hummer wheels to any pattern you want, and about any offset/backspacing too.

I have three H1 wheels from Trailworthy, powder coated a hammer finished black, and three H1 used tires also from Trailworthy. I use them on my M101 trailer. Trai Worthy is great to deal with and the tires were great, with more tread by far than descibed on the website...

I don't run them on my Jeep because of the weight and I don't need beadlocks though either. The H1 wheels and tires weigh a ton. But you can do it and have great DOUBLE beadlocks for cheap...

JeepJK2011

Update

Picking up my rims tomorrow from tire rack. i went the 16" black steel rims, they look like the 17" mopar wheels (i think anyway). hopefully getting my Duratracks mounted on them Saturday. Wheel.jpg

mikeg1713

Adventurer
I just got the MOPAR winter wheels. I like them for now. If I ever drive my Jk I may wear the BFG KM's and could get my 33X9.50's

4354dc53.jpg
0b87a83c.jpg

JeepJK2011

Tires Installed

Here are my 235 85 r16 Goodyear Duratracs, got them mounted on the WJ spare wheel. All 5 rims from tirerack - 319, tires mounted and balanced for 200 each. not a bad set up for $1300ish for all 5. IMG_1195.jpg

Ram5500

Observer
Stazworks is always an option as well, had some 20x11 double deadlocks made for my Dodge 5500, but on my 2500 I have some 16" American Racing I believe (AR 64?), were being blown out at National 4wd for $65 ea. :26_7_2:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Here are my 235 85 r16 Goodyear Duratracs, got them mounted on the WJ spare wheel. All 5 rims from tirerack - 319, tires mounted and balanced for 200 each. not a bad set up for $1300ish for all 5.
That looks sweet.

I've heard the WJ wheels have more backspacing, so a wider tire will fit inside the stock guards.
Can you please guesstimate how far "inside" the stock guards the 235s are on those rims.

Thanks!
-Dan

JeepJK2011

I would say the tires sit about 1 inch inside the flares still. i was looking for a nice cheap steel wheel and a tire that would fill out the wheel well better than my tiny 225's that came on it. I am pretty happy with the turnout.

cbboard

Here are my 235 85 r16 Goodyear Duratracs, got them mounted on the WJ spare wheel. All 5 rims from tirerack - 319, tires mounted and balanced for 200 each. not a bad set up for $1300ish for all 5. View attachment 83764

i really like those! too bad they don't come in 17"s.

i fell in love with the overland JK from a few years ago, and just bought my all white JKUR because of it. i wanted to do the same mopar wheels, but really didn't want to have to use spacers. i went ahead and got some 17" AEV pintlers with 35" BFG KM2s. i am still keeping an eye out though for some similar 17" steel wheels that i can paint white. right now thinking about the MB 72s.

fxk142

Observer
I also loved the Overland JK, which inspired me to find a white Rubicon Unlimited. You just can't beat the look of the white steel wheels. It is like the American counterpart to the Land Rover 110.

IMG_2100.jpg

SBS.jpg

Tires1.jpg

Tires3-1.jpg

Tires2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1