Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingVince

Explorer
It's pretty cool the way this thread has activated everyone. While driving up to the high desert this weekend, my eyes were drawn to every black jeep commanche I saw and checking the license number....which brought me to another thought: what if I spotted the vehicle? Who should I call first? Martyn, would you want someone to call you immediately? How do we do that? Calling AT on a Sunday would only get a recording I presume. Your cell? (don't have the number) The police? (imagine saying to the police: "I'm following a car that has a two week overdue rented trailer, possibly stolen...etc) If we didn't pin the guy down fairly quickly, he and the trailer could be long gone in a couple hours.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Vince

All good questions.

Firstly; make sure you are looking for a Wrangler, not a Comanche, not a Cherokee.

Wrangler Unlimited X 2008, Black, 4 door, winch on the front. See picture of vehicle type.

Secondly; I will have more information to post this afternoon regarding case numbers, police departments etc.

Thirdly; If you leave a message, any time, it gets forwarded as an e mail to me. I can switch where the toll free forwards calls onto, either my cell, my office, or my home. So unless I'm on another call the chances are good you'll get hold of me.

VikingVince

Explorer
Martyn...got it!
So everyone who is keeping their eyes open should be carrying the AT number in their vehicles: 877-661-8097

Seriously, write it down and carry it with you or put it into your cell...ya never know...the guy is somewhere!

Martyn

I need help from someone who works at a Jeep dealership. Please PM me.

Photog

Explorer
I printed the webpage from AT, that has the details on the un-returned trailer. I will keep this in my rig, for reference. I will print it again, when the police report # and police contact # is posted.

I also added the basic info about the Jeep & trailer into my cell phone, next to the AT phone number.

Martyn

Upland California Police Report Number

We were finally able to officially report the trailer stolen to the Upland, California Police Department today after following due process.

If you see the trailer and or tow vehicle call the local police and quote the Upland Police Report Number:08140018

Martyn

A few interesting things that I've had to hold onto until now are;

The Ohio License Plate FA3 O8V that I originally posted was actually FA3 0EV. We misread the hand writing.

The FA3 0EV plate is on the Jeep

Last edited:

TheGillz

Explorer
So I think its safe to say, we are looking for a Black Jeep and Olive Trailer that could have ANY plates on it!

Martyn

TheGillz said:
So I think its safe to say, we are looking for a Black Jeep and Olive Trailer that could have ANY plates on it!

Well we know the trailer had California plates 4HF 3569 on it.

We know the Jeep had Ohio plates on it, and we believe they were FA3 OEV. They may be assuming that it's better to drive around with the plates from an other vehicle on their Jeep than none at all.

These plates do fit into the picture, and I may be able to tell you how later. The initial investigation does not show up any plate associated with the Jeep, so as I said it may never have been registered.

TheGillz

Explorer
I just mean he could at this point, grab a plate off of any abandoned car or trailer...not to give him an idea if he checks this thread...

Martyn

TheGillz said:

Well we know the trailer had California plates 4HF 3569 on it.

We know the Jeep had Ohio plates on it, and they were FA3 OEV.

Martyn

TheGillz said:

Please bear with me as information is coming in by the minute, sometimes it's contradictory or confusing, and I'm trying to sort through it as best I can as it arrives.

OK latest update.

Ohio DMV confirmed that the Ohio plate FA3 OEV is associated with the Jeep, it looks like it was transferred from an earlier vehicle that the Decklings owned. The transfer just wasn't showing up in the system.

This is no longer a case of Embezzlement, it's Grand Theft.

Martyn

Photog said:
Does the Upland police dept have a phone number, for other LE to call and verify the case number?

I got this from the City of Upland web site;
Upland Police Dept
(909) 946-7624
Watch Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp