Suburban Poptop vs. Excursion Poptop….

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
I bet you could probably work it out.

2500 Suburban for sale in Ft. Collins. Engine and t-case recently replaced within 10k miles, fresh radiator and fresh front end. It's a high miler, so it could be riddled with all the same worn out issues yours has, but it's under 10k.

Might be worth a look and see.

craigslist

Grassland

You need to look at your actual miles per year driven, average that over the last several years, and realistically guess on what your lifestyle will be for a decade plus down the road and if your annual miles driven will be the same.
Only then can you begin to guess if a couple or five MPG will make a big difference over time vs purchase price and minimum maintenance costs.

I have a 3.7 Ford V6. I just did a 13,000 km road trip towing. I averaged roughly 20 liters per 100km or 12 US MPG. Unladen the best I can do is 20 US MPG.
But if the truck is never unladen, what does it matter?
I don't know what average fuel costs are for you, but I've filled up several tanks at or over $2 a liter, or over $7.50 per US gallon.
If I was driving a Ford 6.2 V8 with 100 lb ft more of torque and an extra 80 HP and got 10 MPG I wouldn't really have noticed the difference much on fuel, but the drive would have been easier.

I'm in California so I know about expensive gas. It's the state government here that causes the cost to be so much. Not the national supply of petroleum.

I also own a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 which has the 8.1L engine and a 4L85E transmission. The powertrain has 233,000 miles on it and I would feel comfortable driving this truck anywhere. It's all in how the truck is maintained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp