Swiss Military Off Road Trailer Build

pkcub

Banned
Is the frame based on a back bone . If so do you fell that it is lighter than a box frame .
Thank you

Last edited:

DMill556

Observer
Im not sure yet what Im going to use. Im thinking maybe some gas struts. Im not going to have a changing room for the bottom of the RTT for a few months so I wont need it to raise right now. Do you have any ideas on how to lift it.

dcollier32

Adventurer
Happy to see another trailer build from GA... Are you by chance on Georgia Jeepers Facebook? I'm planning a trailer build now & it seemed like I started a good discussion on off road trailers the other day... Your build is looking good. Hope to see ya out on the trails one day. I would like to have my trailer bought, built & ready for use by September when the Sheriffs Jeepfest event comes around.

DMill556

Observer
Thanks, I've heard of Georgia Jeepers, I have been on rides with many different people so I am sure I've meet some of them before. I usually hang around with the people from Southern jeep, and a few people from HCOR. Good luck on your build, mine has been fun and a learning experience. This is the first time I have welded or worked with metal. When you finish your build we should plan some camping trips.

DMill556

Observer
I've been using the trailer for a few months and the wheel spacers came loose and broke the studs on the axel and my wheel fell off going down the road. I replaced the axel with a longer axel with the correct lug pattern so I don't have to use spacers anymore.

I found another use for the RTT, target shooting at 350 yards.

New axel

I finished the sheet metal on the fenders and found some plastic storage bins that fit perfectly in the trailer. Next will be paint and new tires.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1