Tepui Tent RTT

Ronct110

Adventurer
Still looking forward to some pics of the Tepui tents. The price is hard to pass up for a product that appears to be solid. All that have personally checked this tent out seem to give it the thumbs up. Those of you who are lucky enough to have bought one, lets see some pictures in action!

Butch

Butch, fyi, Tepui demonstrated one of their lastest newest tent addition to my local Northen California Land Rover Club; called the Ayers; 2-man RTT; retails for $750.

Three of our club members purchased Autanas (3-man RTT w/Annex) and been very happy with them; I've checked out both Ayers and Autana in person, still undecided if I want a two man (Ayers) and let my two boys ground tent it, or the buy the Autana or another addition in their line of products called called Gran Sabana (huge 6ft x 8ft sleeing area).

Once I decide and pick-up mine, will post pictures; will also drive up to Santa Cruz (only 45 mins away from me) to save on shipping. In the meantime, check out the customers' photo galaries (the 6th-9th photos in the galery (Range Rover Classic and Autana) and last photo w/the two LR3s (Autana also) were submitted by my fellow LR club members; check them out: http://www.tepuitents.com/galleries.html

Ron

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Butch, fyi, Tepui demonstrated one of their lastest newest tent addition to my local Northen California Land Rover Club; called the Ayers; 2-man RTT; retails for $750.

Three of our club members purchased Autanas (3-man RTT w/Annex) and been very happy with them; I've checked out both Ayers and Autana in person, still undecided if I want a two man (Ayers) and let my two boys ground tent it, or the buy the Autana or another addition in their line of products called called Gran Sabana (huge 6ft x 8ft sleeing area).

Once I decide and pick-up mine, will post pictures; will also drive up to Santa Cruz (only 45 mins away from me) to save on shipping. In the meantime, check out the customers' photo galaries (the 6th-9th photos in the galery (Range Rover Classic and Autana) and last photo w/the two LR3s (Autana also) were submitted by my fellow LR club members; check them out: http://www.tepuitents.com/galleries.html

Ron

Awesome! I'm eyeballing the Kukenam. Thinking I'm going to build a small offroad trailer soon and throw this on top.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Great customer service! I'm pretty sold on this tent. Sounds like a reason to cruise down to the coast for a few days. Planning on picking one up in the Spring.

Paijanne

Looks like they have a Thanksgiving sale today too. Not a bad opportunity to jump on it. I've been holding out for spring but I guess I deserve and early Christmas present.....

ethernectar

Adventurer
Had an issue with the cover and they sent a new one out with their new zipper. Much better 'coil' type zipper.

Here's a couple pics from earlier this fall.

MojaveSelects_MG_3985.jpg

UTselects_MG_4122.jpg

Mullet5

10 days in Baja with the Tepui

Just took my Tepui Autana to Baja for 10 days with three people. We saw all kinds of weather, hot during the day, cold at night, pouring rain, and TONS of wind every night. The only issue that we had was the rain fly flapping a bit in the wind for the first couple of nights, but that was easily fixed by cinching down the straps. It would still flap a bit if the winds were exceptionally strong, but I can't imagine any house made out of fabric doing any better

When we were trying to eat lunch one day, we got ambushed by a bunch of aggressive bees, and the tent made a great hideout. And it was actually cooler inside than outside!

With three poeple it was a bit tight, but doable. Plenty of room to leave all of our pillows and blankets inside when we closed it up.

If anybody is looking for specific pictures, let me know.

Edit: not sure how I managed to accidentally put an angry face in the title of this post, but I can't take it out now, haha!

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

P1010938.JPG

Last edited:

gunnermatt74

Ordered my Ayer Christmas eve. Not sure how long it was going on but they were offering free shipping though Dec 25. Had to jump on it. I'll let you know how I like it and take some pics when I get it.

pennieslj

Observer
We received our Kukenam model last week. After trying it out this past weekend we are very happy with the tent. It should see plenty of use so we'll see how well it holds up long term.
g.jpg

6.jpg

gregm

love it!

we have the kukenam and love it! very comfy, especially after we throw our self-inflating mattresses under the foam. customer service can't be beat. we had the problem with the cover zipper too, but they took care of that post haste. it's been on our fj cruiser, but will go on the ranger when that's finished. here are a couple of shots from canyonlands last year.
:camping:

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2557.JPG
    IMG_2557.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6123.jpg
    IMG_6123.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6298.jpg
    IMG_6298.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89

gunnermatt74

Ayer mounted! :D

Haven't got to take it out and use it yet but it was comfey and easy to set up and store in the driveway!!

RTT1.jpg

RTT2.jpg

RTT3.jpg

RTT4.jpg

medic83

Observer
Im looking at the Gran Sabana. I spoke with the guy and he seems like a good guy... heas an actual camper. I think Im gonna pull the trigger next week. Its gonna be mounted to the top of my trailer.

coastsider

Adventurer
we have the kukenam and love it! very comfy, especially after we throw our self-inflating mattresses under the foam. customer service can't be beat. we had the problem with the cover zipper too, but they took care of that post haste. it's been on our fj cruiser, but will go on the ranger when that's finished. here are a couple of shots from canyonlands last year.

Hey Greg, I'm just about to mount my Kukenam on my standard FJ rack, did you use the Tepui mount kit for the FJ or fabricate your own? I would love to see close up shots of how you mounted it. How does it feel sleeping on top of the truck, does it move around at all on the suspension? Mine is currently on top of my Horizon AT but I want to try it on top of the truck for my Anza-Borrego trip this coming month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1