The art of compromise

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Some folks get behind a keyboard and figure they can toss good manners (along with good sense) right out the window. Easy to be Capt. ************ when you're anonymous.
The nice thing about a wrap is it's a wrap. If you don't like, unwrap. :) I'd yank the wrap and leave Fang because NOTHING should distract from viewing Fang cruising down the highway, with that cat hanging out his mouth. :)

AaronK

Explorer
You should get your rigs done up to match the trailer art 😀

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

MountainD

Adventurer
At first glance, the mural wasn't for me, but I didn't look. I glanced... And thought there was a dog in the window. After the nay-sayer, I gave it a second look and then blew it up. I have to say I genuinely like it in its originality and frivolity. And the dog has me smiling along with your boys interaction/smile. I like it, no doubt. Not sure about the match-the-truck comment, but for the trailer, I personally wouldn't change it. I'll keep checking in-- hope to see you on the trail...

You clan Fraser?

jscusmcvet

Explorer
At first glance, the mural wasn't for me, but I didn't look. I glanced... And thought there was a dog in the window. After the nay-sayer, I gave it a second look and then blew it up. I have to say I genuinely like it in its originality and frivolity. And the dog has me smiling along with your boys interaction/smile. I like it, no doubt. Not sure about the match-the-truck comment, but for the trailer, I personally wouldn't change it. I'll keep checking in-- hope to see you on the trail...

You clan Fraser?

Indeed we are from the Fraser Clan on my father's side. We did not figure it out until he was doing the ancestry thing years ago before he passed away. Thrilled him. Je Suis Prest speaks to me and is a simple description of an ideal I try to live up to regardless of circumstances.

As for the wrap, it is staying...1) Ann likes it 2) Looks like it is original, so on the trailer since 2004. I am not sure I want to see what is underneath. I am away on business but when I get home I will take some better pics of the murals...
Front = Statue of liberty
Drivers Side = Beach scene
Rear = Hot air balloon

I am not sure what the original owner was trying to communicate, but maybe we'll either find out or figure out what it communicates to us...

This weekend I will evaluate the 12v system. Looks good, but I have not inspected it or hooked up a good battery to it. There was a Trojan battery but it is dead. I have a deep cycle from the pop up I will transfer in. I need to add some outside lighting also.

Thanks for everyone's kind words about the mural and the lack of manners earlier.

John

Last edited:

borison

Adventurer
Some folks get behind a keyboard and figure they can toss good manners (along with good sense) right out the window. Easy to be Capt. ************ when you're anonymous.
The nice thing about a wrap is it's a wrap. If you don't like, unwrap. :) I'd yank the wrap and leave Fang because NOTHING should distract from viewing Fang cruising down the highway, with that cat hanging out his mouth. :)
The comment was made in good humor, in jest. I read it was a wrap and figured he was going to remove it. I guess I didn't realize people would take it so personally, my bad. And for the record, I would say anything to anybody that I would type in this forum. Not trying to hide behind a keyboard. Sorry for the hijack, I'm out.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't have to apologize to me man, not my junk. Send it to the OP.

Either way though, accepted, it's all good, hang out a bit longer. Who knows, in future I might say something really worthy of an epic retaliation. :D

Bigunit

Adventurer
Very cool trailer! Especially the mural with Fang in the window. I also say, "keep it". It makes your trailer a one-of-a-kind.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
The comment was made in good humor, in jest. I read it was a wrap and figured he was going to remove it. I guess I didn't realize people would take it so personally, my bad. And for the record, I would say anything to anybody that I would type in this forum. Not trying to hide behind a keyboard. Sorry for the hijack, I'm out.

No sweat on my part. I am happy with my little trailer, and most importantly, Ann is too, which should lead to more trips...

jscusmcvet

Explorer
We took a few minutes today and hooked up the camper to the jeep for a quick pull. Zero issues, jeep handles it fine, so that is good. I switched the tent trailer battery and box into it, and we are good to go on all 12v, except the fridge. For some reason it did not kick on. It does on the shore power. I did not have time to dig into it, but think it is in the power distribution panel. I was happy that at least the lights and fan work on 12v and the battery charges when plugged into shore power. Ann has done a bunch of interior cleaning and tomorrow we are going to use a portable carpet cleaner on the cushions. We are chasing a mildew smell and making progress, but the cushions need it for sure.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Dug into the tail lights today. One of the previous owners had packed the housings with that spray foam insulation and it was quite a mess
IMG_1729.jpg

We cleaned it out and picked up some 4" LED's. It took some rigging but we got it looking good.
IMG_1745.jpgIMG_1743.jpgIMG_1746.jpg

Still have to silicone around the edges, but so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp