the buget explorer express van build

david.lemke

Adventurer
Well the solar panels arrive early, guess that's a good thing, now to start this project......I need some pics of your guys setups and mounting for some ideas........I'm debating about mounting on driver's side of van with swing hinge, or how would it look with moon roof, and curved high top mounted above the roof, but still want to use the moon roof........need help and ideas please

rayra

Expedition Leader
You can take the 70s van out of the man, but you can't take the man out of the 70s van.

Nice work. Awesome deals. Garish color scheme. Should have got shag carpet for the full effect. But Keep On Truckin' Half the fun with these projects is going full bore at it, anyway.

david.lemke

Adventurer
Did a lot of running around this am due to hot and humid weather, picked up 2nd blue water jug for sink, installed the flat mount hinges for the sink cabinet door so the side barn door closes without any problem, installed one of two balance led lights, 2nd one will go above fridge cabinet, installed New clear lens in center beam roof wood trim and installed New led lighting in this piece as well. Even picked up a txt exterior hatch for my electrical sho e e power to hook up and my wiring for my 300watt solar to run through as well

david.lemke

Adventurer
I wish my phone would post pics like I take them instead of auto rotating them........lol

Well here's the pick of the hatch as promised, scored it for 3 bucks, lock was another 5..........less than 10 blocks is cool with me, now to go install wiring to fuse box for the 110v and finish the house wiring today and get the solar charge controller installed as well.

Question I do have is can a on off on switch control a radio in a vehicle from power hot from the van battery until I go off grid then I can switch power to house batteries, I will keep memory power wired to van battery setup, but I want to control battery positive power from which ever battery I want by flipping a switch, I know evildave is great with this electrical stuff and hopefully he reads this if he's still around

Pics or diagrams would help out please

Lykos

Super Trucker
Loving this build!

Sub'd...

I'm investigating selectable battery for my own set up. Most roads seen to lead to Blue Seas products for boats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1