The "Expedition hat" thread

colter

Observer
I've been rockin a Catalena hatters Darkbelly Diamond for several months now and really like it. Its nice enough to wear out as a dress hat, and tough enough to beat around in. in 100x beaver felt its expensive, but I figure I'll get good use out of it.

adriatikfan

Observer
I've been rockin a Catalena hatters Darkbelly Diamond for several months now and really like it. Its nice enough to wear out as a dress hat, and tough enough to beat around in. in 100x beaver felt its expensive, but I figure I'll get good use out of it.

Now that is a very expensive hat!

Best Wishes
David

Willman

For warm weather I go with a Columbia Bora Bora Boonie Hat. I've been wearing one for years and it is by far my favorite hat. Very comfortable and can be stuffed into a pocket or backpack very easily.
f_56521_1.jpg

I just picked one of these up!

Sweet hat that provides lots of shade on those hot days!

:sombrero:

BigAl

Expedition Leader
f_56521_1.jpg

I've had this hat for years, it is nice and light, sweat dries fast. I started wearing it paddling this summer. When it's really hot I dunk it in the river, wring it our and wear it. At the end of the day I throw it on the dash board and the next day it is clean and dry

will

Adventurer
f_56521_1.jpg

I've had this hat for years, it is nice and light, sweat dries fast. I started wearing it paddling this summer. When it's really hot I dunk it in the river, wring it our and wear it. At the end of the day I throw it on the dash board and the next day it is clean and dry

+1 for this hat. I just picked it up over the weekend and it was great! Kept my head cool and the sun away. I like the two fastenning systems it has.

KANZ

Here are some examples for the colder days, as worn by the cossacks.

Attachments

• cossacks.jpg
    cossacks.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 68

Spectyr

Observer
Have to put in a word for the Aussie Barmah oiled leather hats. I have had mine for a few years now and love it.

IMG_0370.jpg

Keeps the rain and sun off nicely.

OBX Seafari

Outdoorsman
Hat

While on campaign I wear my Pith helmet.

In the spring/summer I wear my Kavu Visor.

Winter and Fall I wear my Ducks Unlimited Waxed Canvas Field hat.

The Pith helmet is a joke ofcourse, but I can wish.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Since it's winter were some of you are I always loved the ball cap Filson and Carhart hats that have the insulation and fold down ear flaps. The flaps fold up into the hat so when they are up they just look like a ball cap. The Filson is indestuctable, wool lined and water resistant oil cloth and the Carhart is Carhart so you can toss it in the washer. Both are great hats and I can't wait untill we get some cool weather so I can wear them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1