The LodgeVan...a work in progress

rdcolorado

Observer
Tulsa truck conversion converted to Ujoint 6"

Finally got the UJoint 6" conversion done. Time to take it to the mountains!!!

vanpic2a.jpg

van1.jpg

Bbasso

Expedition goofball
Quick question for you about the foam...
How long did it take to receive it after placing the order?

Thanks.

The van look nice, enjoy

Agree that looks good!

How long is the bed set up? I am trying to figure out how to build my bed for my 78".

Edit: I see the tape measure says 75"? Is that the total bed length. How do you come up with that length? Is there a good bit of flat bedding behind the bench?

Last edited:

rdcolorado

Observer
Looking good!

Difference in driving?

Hey Chris! Initial observations about how it drives: While I thought the old set up was not bad...this set up seems way better! Turning while driving seems a bit more "tight" and has a better feel. Driving in a straight line: I think it has a nice straight line and very little wander. I put bigger tires on with this setup too. Went from 285/75's to 315/75's. So I was thinking that might make the feel a bit worse, but not at all. In fact, bigger tires, wider wheels (16x9 XD Addicts) and the whole setup feels alot better than the old.

I haven't even been off road yet, but I can tell you that this setup is going to offer much more articulation than the last, and I have the Bilstein shocks to boot! So definitely the first impressions are all positive and I can say the U-Joint conversions are top notch.

I'll come back later and give some feedback on how the off road feel is...heading to the mountains for a week+ and usually get into some dicey situations that call for 4x4 and chains and tow ropes and ......

rdcolorado

Observer
Agree that looks good!

How long is the bed set up? I am trying to figure out how to build my bed for my 78".

Edit: I see the tape measure says 75"? Is that the total bed length. How do you come up with that length? Is there a good bit of flat bedding behind the bench?

Yep, the total bed length is 75". And yes, there is a platform behind the bench that is level with the bench when it is unfolded. There are a couple of pictures earlier in the thread with the bench up and then the bench folded flat. The mostly tan cushion is on the platform behind the bed. To get 78" with this setup, I would have just added 3" to the rear/platform side of the bed. I went ahead and made the bed full width, and I gotta say, sleeping is very nice!!!

rdcolorado

Observer
Quick question for you about the foam...
How long did it take to receive it after placing the order?

Thanks.

The van look nice, enjoy

I pretty sure the foam arrived in a week or less. It was pretty quick for such a big piece of foam. Oh, and since I ordered a full sheet of foam I think that made the order go faster, no cutting. I would definitely use that same place again
Foam Factory Inc.
17500 23 Mile Road
Macomb, MI 48044

PHONE: 586-627-3626
FAX: 586-627-5830
EMAIL: info@foambymail.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1